Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!? >

What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!?

Notices

What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!?

Old 03-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!?

Nest month is boat time. This month I'm still trying to get out on the sled one more time... might be able to soon....
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USL...p&prodnav=none
Old 03-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
Yeah, but who could have seen this coming...Oil companies getting rich under Bush!?!
Enjoy!!!
Knuckle heads. Adjusting for inflation, the highest price gas has ever officailly been in this country was $3.00 an gallon in 1981. I think the lowest was when Regan left office. If you go back to the 60's when every body thinks gas was "dirt cheap", you'll find that it was around $2.50 to $3.00 a gallon, again when adjusted for inflation.

In other words, we should be paying $3.00 a gallon by now, so quit yer #*#@ cryin' !! please!!

Fun cost $$$$.... You NEVER have enouph..............

Last edited by Hang Time 27; 03-18-2005 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
Knuckle heads. Adjusting for inflation, the highest price gas has ever officailly been in this country was $3.00 an gallon in 1981. I think the lowest was when Regan left office. If you go back to the 60's when every body thinks gas was "dirt cheap", you'll find that it was around $2.50 to $3.00 a gallon, again when adjusted for inflation.

In other words, we should be paying $3.00 a gallon by now, so quit yer #*#@ cryin' !! please!!

Fun cost $$$$.... You NEVER have enouph..............
Gas was $2.50-$3.00 in the 60's???? What are you smoking???? I think it was more like a quarter, but no more than 50 cents, as I've been told by my parents. Dad said they use to fill up the tank with a few bucks and go all dam week. He also said gas was the cheapest dam thing that he knew of at the time and that was for the good stuff like ethyl and leaded.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:43 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
This morning it was $2.079 at the station down the street. Got home tonight and it is now $2.259!!! What the heck? I think we all know dang well that the price of oil may have gone up today but that the gas in the underground tank at ANY station in America was refined weeks ago and in my opinion should not be effected by the price of oil today.

I just don't get how gas could go up nearly $0.20 in a few hours.... pisses me off!!

Um....Uh.......THE PRICES WENT UP!!! Looks like we have to get used to it and work a little harder to enjoy our sport!! I may have to buy a econo squirt so I can lower my daily expenses so I can afford my weekend expenses!!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Registered

Last edited by h2owarrior; 03-19-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Harper220
Gas was $2.50-$3.00 in the 60's???? What are you smoking???? I think it was more like a quarter, but no more than 50 cents, as I've been told by my parents. Dad said they use to fill up the tank with a few bucks and go all dam week. He also said gas was the cheapest dam thing that he knew of at the time and that was for the good stuff like ethyl and leaded.
Ask Dad what his salary was back then. Plus the average car got 12 miles to the gallon, so they were burning almost twice as much to go the same distance. Most people just didn't commute as far back then.

Ok, guess I have to simplify. I thought we were all adults here. How much were salaries in the 60's, Homes? A new Corvette?? I was born in 1965 so lets take the 65 Corvette to "keep it simple"... Loaded full price was about $5,000 tops, almost twice the average car price then. Gas was maybe 35 cents tops?? Carry that forward to today. New corvette is $50,000, still almost twice the average car price. Going from 5k to 50k is a factor of ten. Still with me? Now take that ten and multiply it by 35 cents. What do you get?? $3.50 a gallon!!!!! Do the same with houses, salaries, ($10,000 a year in '65 was about the same buying power as $100,000 a year is today) even toothpaste, it doesn't matter. Gas consumes less of our buying power per gallon now than it did 40 years ago, so the price of gas compared to our other expenses today is "cheaper" than it was in the sixties.

And lets not even talk about those that pay for bottled water. No ones seems to mind paying $4-5+ a gallon (add up those little bottles till you get to a gallon) for something that falls out of the sky and is the most abundant substance on earth, but then they complain about spending $3 for something that comes from deep within the earth, and must be refined and turned into "fuel", then transported all around the world!! I find it all pretty silly.............

But I still hate how much money the oil companies make, but we can't seriously make an educated complaint about it.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One station has stuck with $2.09 for diesel near me. I filled up Thursday for $89.25. Dragged the boat to the lake and back and a ran a few erronds then topped it off tonight for $22.50 for a road trip in a few hours. Next stop is Ruidoso NM tomorrow afternoon and I should have 5-10 gallons left, but I have a feeling I'll be paying way more than $2.09 for fuel to get home next week!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Registered

To belive some of you "It's all Bush's fault"....."Bush is getting rich" if anyone REALLY belives this then I guess I know which ones of you DID not pass BASIC economics......Has ANYBODY heard of inflation? If you figure in inflation and adjust prices the current price is WAY lower (about 60 cents lower) than in the early 80's....Now the highest price (inflation adjusted) was in the early 80's at close to $3.00 a gallon...How much was a gallon of milk in 1982....What about a pack of cigs,a six pack,a coke, a loaf of bread,A movie ticket,A candy bar and so on and so on....... How many of you figure in the TAX on a Gallon of gas? Here in Ohio the taxes PER GALLON is about 50cents!!! What is really funny is how gas can go up 25 cents a gallon and people *****...BUT let the goverment TAKE at gunpoint if necessary 15% from every paycheck and hope they give something (not even all of it) back to you if you live long enough and people say NOTHING!!! It scares me to think that some of these people may actually vote!!!!

BH
Old 03-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Cool Re: What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!?

Originally Posted by Troutly
Now THAT just might happen
Troutly, although you are on the "opposing team" when I'm out on the highway, I think it's it's a crime that your dept would even have to think about whether you will have enouph fuel to do your job - 'cause lord knows I'm not thinking about it when I'm speeding

Last edited by Hang Time 27; 03-20-2005 at 09:16 AM. Reason: trying smilie faces
Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Independent
Hey bad habit.

Bush is allowing the dollar to freefall, The US government demands that OPEC trade in US dollars.

If OPEC is getting less and less for their oil because Bush is letting the dollar freefall, then they need to raise the price so that it is not them taking the hit because of Bush's policies.

Bush invaded the worlds second largest oil reserves, and allowed a Islamis fumdementalist power take over, Now Iraq and Iran will bond becoming a mideast monster that controls more oil than Saudi Arabia, and is hostile to the USA, The oil markets don't like instability, Not to mention Bush is threatening to try and take down Venezuela's democracy in the name of US oil interests, Alkl this instability also creates instability in the market.

To say Bush's policies are not part of the gas problems is absurd, We reap what we sow.

How do you explain the fact that the oil taken from ANWR in Alaska will not be for the US people ? ...How do you explain away the fact that the oil will be exported because the oil companies can make more elsewhere ? ...You think having two oilmen in the White House has no effect on oil and gas, wake up and take a look around you.
Lets not forget that congress "makes" the laws and "spends" our money. To give any president full credit or blame for our countries conditions is niave.

Quick Reply: What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.