Cig Cafe 36 CC compared to the Monza 34'

Notices

Cig Cafe 36 CC compared to the Monza 34'

Old 05-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cig Cafe 36 CC compared to the Monza 34'

Ed you are wrong. the OceanHawk design was not from Midnight Express. It was designed from scratch and was not splashed from any other hull design. Jim
Old 05-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Registered

I might have slighted Cigarette in an earlier post and I didn't mean to. They also made a decent open boat, but I was only slighted because of a used one I looked at wasnt taken care of by the owner. The boat saw extreme wear and tear and wasn't in good cosmetic shape. I am sure construction wise the boat was constructed like all Cigarettes, built like a brick you know what.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

But what about the rumored Cigarette center console that's supposed to debut at this year's Ft. Lauderdale boat show?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:39 AM
ck54
Gold Member

I also hear that Richie is back at Monza and he'll be offering a 39" CC shortly.
ck
Old 05-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Registered

The Oceanhawk was actually made from the Midnight hull, which was made from the Corsa 30. They stretched the molds and added to the hull sides in order to increase the freeboard. Phil has been around boats for 40 years and he has perfected this one.

My father and went on a sea trial on the Ocean Hawk 33 this weekend. What an awesome ride, even in the moderately rough intercoastal today. The boat was equipped with the 275 Verados. The engines were very quiet, smooth and powerful. I have never been in a Verado boat and was very surprised on how quiet these motors are. When I got on the boat, I was looking around the boat and didn't even realize the engines were running. The throttle response was excellent. We cruised comfortably at 40mph and 4000 rpm, topping in the low 60's. All that and the boat wasn't completely dialed in yet.

The boat ran extremely well with these engines. I would've thought with the added weight in the rear that the boat would've felt stern heavy, but it didn't. What surprised me most is that the boat came onto plane without any effort or bow rise, and that was not even using the K-planes. Even with the added weight of four people and a half tank of fuel, the boat held plane down to slow speed without tabs. I am only 5'7" and I never lost the horizon over the bow.

It is also very nice to take out a boat and have a normal conversation at 40+ mph and barely hear the engines. I sure wish I could come up with a little extra cash to upgrade to Verados, but 250's will have to do for now.

I am moving up from an 8.8 Meter Fountain. As much as I love my Fountain, I am ready to move into an open boat. My father, who is paranoid on my boat felt very comfortable on the Oceanhawk. He rode in the back, both standing and sitting and also on the console seat. He felt secure on the boat even when it got a little choppy. He can't wait until I get mine to take him out.

If you are considering a boat of this style you should check the Oceanhawk out. You won’t be disappointed. If anyone has any questions about the boat or sea trial, please post them and I will try to answer them.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

the website for oceanhawk is www.oceanhawkpowerboats.com
Old 09-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jusmakinit
The Oceanhawk was actually made from the Midnight hull, which was made from the Corsa 30. They stretched the molds and added to the hull sides in order to increase the freeboard. Phil has been around boats for 40 years and he has perfected this one.

My father and went on a sea trial on the Ocean Hawk 33 this weekend. What an awesome ride, even in the moderately rough intercoastal today. The boat was equipped with the 275 Verados. The engines were very quiet, smooth and powerful. I have never been in a Verado boat and was very surprised on how quiet these motors are. When I got on the boat, I was looking around the boat and didn't even realize the engines were running. The throttle response was excellent. We cruised comfortably at 40mph and 4000 rpm, topping in the low 60's. All that and the boat wasn't completely dialed in yet.

The boat ran extremely well with these engines. I would've thought with the added weight in the rear that the boat would've felt stern heavy, but it didn't. What surprised me most is that the boat came onto plane without any effort or bow rise, and that was not even using the K-planes. Even with the added weight of four people and a half tank of fuel, the boat held plane down to slow speed without tabs. I am only 5'7" and I never lost the horizon over the bow.

It is also very nice to take out a boat and have a normal conversation at 40+ mph and barely hear the engines. I sure wish I could come up with a little extra cash to upgrade to Verados, but 250's will have to do for now.

I am moving up from an 8.8 Meter Fountain. As much as I love my Fountain, I am ready to move into an open boat. My father, who is paranoid on my boat felt very comfortable on the Oceanhawk. He rode in the back, both standing and sitting and also on the console seat. He felt secure on the boat even when it got a little choppy. He can't wait until I get mine to take him out.

If you are considering a boat of this style you should check the Oceanhawk out. You won’t be disappointed. If anyone has any questions about the boat or sea trial, please post them and I will try to answer them.
Did you get you 33 O/H yet ?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The last time i saw the ocean hawk molds they were at that small glass shop two doors down form Pantera. They were leasing them from phil.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the 30 foot vice going to be the platform for upcoming center consoles from Cigarette?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Registered

hi, i am in the market for a boat in the 30-36 foot range i want a decent size cabin, and im lookin for a very good build quality. what are some recommedations. thank you

Quick Reply: Cig Cafe 36 CC compared to the Monza 34'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.