Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig Cafe 36 CC compared to the Monza 34' (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98586-cig-cafe-36-cc-compared-monza-34-a.html)

pm203 09-22-2005 10:11 PM

Re: Cig Cafe 36 CC compared to the Monza 34'

If you look in the current/ Oct issue of the Dupont Registry, you will see a Ocean Hawk advertisement picturing what seems to be an older Grafikworx painted Lip-Ship edition Cigarette 33.

jusmakinit 10-31-2005 12:44 PM

I have taken delivery of My Oceanhawk 33. I've had it since June and it is awesome. A much better Bay boat than the Fountain was. It takes the water so much better than I would have ever thought. Believe me, the Fountain was tough, but you and your crew also had to be when it got choppy. The Oceanhawk is unbelievable in rough and choppy water.

We were out crossing the bay one Sunday afternoon. There were no other boats in the bay due to the conditions and we cruised across at 40mph plus. We came back running 50+ and the boat cut the waves like a knife. If I were in the Fountain, I would have turned back at the mouth of the river and would have never crossed. the three others I had on the boat we equally complimentary of the performance all of which who had been in the Fountain. I lost 7 mph going to this boat, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

pm203...Oceanhawk has started advertising in the Dupont Registry. That is not an older Cigarette in the picture, it's an Oceanhawk. Cigarette leased the molds from Oceanhawk for 5 years, so the boats look the same. It is a Grafikworx paint job though. Powerboat Magazine tested the cigarette version a couple times and gave it rave reviews. Also, either Powerboat or Boating ran one from Miami to the Keys with many compliments. There have been many improvements to the post Cigarette Oceanhawk also.

canes9101...I would suggest that if you are in the market for a boat like this, that you consider the Oceanhawk. You won't be disappointed. The cabin is large and functional. I assume of course you are looking into this hull style? If you are looking for cabin only and not cruise speed, then you are on the wrong site. The Oceanhawk cabin is usable with a pumpout head, sink, two loveseats, v-berth and cedar hanging closet all standard. You also can outfit it with a DVD Player/Flatscreen, A/C, or as many options you want. Due to the raised deck there is actually enough headroom to sit up straight. Take a look at their website www.oceanhawkpowerboats.com

hpoffshore 10-31-2005 03:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Have you looked at the Deep Impact boats?.....
Fast, beamy, deep cockpit, big protective console, killer glass-work & finish detail,available gen/ac, in a cabin w/stand-up head/shower. Check-em out! Call w/any questions...
410-827-7854
Hugh

hpoffshore 10-31-2005 03:23 PM

P.S. They make a 33' and a 36'(which looks 38' when you're on it).
Hugh

Sean 07-17-2008 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by jusmakinit (Post 1508271)
I have taken delivery of My Oceanhawk 33. I've had it since June and it is awesome. A much better Bay boat than the Fountain was. It takes the water so much better than I would have ever thought. Believe me, the Fountain was tough, but you and your crew also had to be when it got choppy. The Oceanhawk is unbelievable in rough and choppy water.

We were out crossing the bay one Sunday afternoon. There were no other boats in the bay due to the conditions and we cruised across at 40mph plus. We came back running 50+ and the boat cut the waves like a knife. If I were in the Fountain, I would have turned back at the mouth of the river and would have never crossed. the three others I had on the boat we equally complimentary of the performance all of which who had been in the Fountain. I lost 7 mph going to this boat, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

pm203...Oceanhawk has started advertising in the Dupont Registry. That is not an older Cigarette in the picture, it's an Oceanhawk. Cigarette leased the molds from Oceanhawk for 5 years, so the boats look the same. It is a Grafikworx paint job though. Powerboat Magazine tested the cigarette version a couple times and gave it rave reviews. Also, either Powerboat or Boating ran one from Miami to the Keys with many compliments. There have been many improvements to the post Cigarette Oceanhawk also.

canes9101...I would suggest that if you are in the market for a boat like this, that you consider the Oceanhawk. You won't be disappointed. The cabin is large and functional. I assume of course you are looking into this hull style? If you are looking for cabin only and not cruise speed, then you are on the wrong site. The Oceanhawk cabin is usable with a pumpout head, sink, two loveseats, v-berth and cedar hanging closet all standard. You also can outfit it with a DVD Player/Flatscreen, A/C, or as many options you want. Due to the raised deck there is actually enough headroom to sit up straight. Take a look at their website www.oceanhawkpowerboats.com

What's the deal? This url redirects to All Star Marine? Have they hijacked Ocean Hawk's domain name? There is no mention of Ocean Hawk on their website?

DeepV 07-27-2008 07:10 PM

Ocean Hawk 33

We are working on getting site back up, you can call Phil at 786-514-0279 or me at 561-723-2026. The boats are still in production and I stonrgly urge anyone to consider one.:ernaehrung004:

tripps 07-27-2008 08:43 PM

So jusmakinit,how should the 31 corsa i put together with 2 250 mercs on a 26 inch bracket run??? after reading all of the posts im lookig foward to it ,maybe next week? i have a 30 velocity with tripple 200 mercs now,goes 70 thanks and good luck with your new boat tripps

DeepV 06-09-2009 09:22 PM

Ocean Hawk 33

Originally Posted by ag10s (Post 1259695)
I've never heard of Ocean Hawk. Do they build a good boat?? I did a search on the web for Ocean Hawk boats and nothing came up. Does anyone know their web site

check out www.oceanhawkboats.com

DeepV 06-16-2009 08:22 PM

Ocean Hawk Website

Originally Posted by ag10s (Post 1259695)
I've never heard of Ocean Hawk. Do they build a good boat?? I did a search on the web for Ocean Hawk boats and nothing came up. Does anyone know their web site

check out: www.oceanhawkboats.com

it is old but I know they are updating it.

LOL