Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   question about speed full tank vs 1/4 gas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98834-question-about-speed-full-tank-vs-1-4-gas.html)

DollaBill 03-22-2005 01:52 PM

Re: question about speed full tank vs 1/4 gas?

just the way these things go lately.

dockrocker 03-22-2005 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps
A 454 MPI is either a 310hp or 330hp depending on the year (I believe an MPI is 310hp). If that's the case, then 4,600 RPM's would be WOT and a procharger will kill that motor in short order.

That's what I was thinking. 454 MPI + Procharger = Lots of expensive metal pieces. Only a question of what goes first...

Love Machine 03-22-2005 02:01 PM

Ok Fund. I haven't read all posts, but wouldn't work better if you threw your 180 lb. enemies overboard? :D

Audiofn 03-22-2005 03:25 PM

There is no difference btwn the full tank and the 1/4 tank. Cuz with the price of fuel now the weight that comes out of your wallet will be cancelled out by the weight of the gas :D

Waterfoul 03-22-2005 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Man, this thread got hijacked in a hurry!!!

enticer290 03-23-2005 01:01 AM

The thread hyjack is ok. My motors have been built new cranks new pistons the whole shebang so I am not to worried about the issue of running the pro chargers.I am running 75-76 on a gps so maybe I should not try for more speed it does seem to get a little loose at that speed. I was hopping for 80 but I am pretty satisfied with my results for now. My drives have also been built by Imco I am running large k-planes and drive showers.

t500hps 03-23-2005 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by enticer290
The thread hyjack is ok. My motors have been built new cranks new pistons the whole shebang so I am not to worried about the issue of running the pro chargers.I am running 75-76 on a gps so maybe I should not try for more speed it does seem to get a little loose at that speed. I was hopping for 80 but I am pretty satisfied with my results for now. My drives have also been built by Imco I am running large k-planes and drive showers.

Glad your not mad.....I've got to go back and read from the begining to see what we were talking about in the first place........Oh yeah, you didn't mentioned the mods in your first post so I/ we assumed the motor and drive wouldn't hold up. As for the actual speed question....I haven't a clue. Glad I could "help". :rolleyes: :D

fund razor 03-23-2005 08:22 AM

Glad you weren't mad too. :D

Welcome to OSO.

It's a great site. You will always get a helpful response to tech issues over in the tech section. It is well worth the membership fee.
You are a good sport.
Thanks for letting us have a little fun with your thread. :D

Have a safe summer.

HiPerf2000 03-23-2005 08:34 AM

Well then if you modified the motor, you can't look at the stock RPM recomendation!! Spin that B!itch to 5200 and you're more than likely gonna be over the 80 mark.

Might want to look into Hydrolic Steering !!

fund razor 03-23-2005 09:14 AM

Hey.... if you plan on running that thing over 80mph.... have you considered planned giving?

You could put our children's hospital in your will.... and we would only collect if you hook an edge at 80mph and bite it. You wouldn't need your money any more... and you will be helping out a great cause. Imagine having someone mention at your funeral that you had helped out a the sick and injured kids.

Just something to think about. :D

Sounds like a win-win to me.