Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need legal advice about "slander" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98861-need-legal-advice-about-slander.html)

Waterfoul 03-22-2005 10:57 AM

Re: need legal advice about "slander"

Oh, and if he really does send you that "fire" email, post it here for us, would ya?

fund razor 03-22-2005 11:12 AM

Hey.... wait a minute.....

did that guy threaten ARSON?

Across state lines?

Oh.... this is an ATF case if I ever heard one.

FunHome 03-22-2005 11:17 AM

Screw him!!! Take this public!!! and include his name!!!

What a prick!!!

LaughingCat 03-22-2005 11:22 AM

What's even funnier, he admitted to owing the items in his email. So libel/slander appears out of the question. He showed how he treats his customer.

Send a reply indicating that you will be happy to forward his reply to that entire list unless he plans to send you the items he indicated he owes you. Provide a deadline for his response. Be careful, my comment above could be construed as extortion. Check with the attorneys first.

DollaBill 03-22-2005 11:23 AM

Steve -

What kind of boat are we talking about here? If it's a 25K boat and you are missing the stuff, you may be better telling everyone this guy's name and moving on. If we are talking about a big purchase and very expensive stuff it may be another story. I always feel that if someone owes me money I want it to be lots of money. Don't owe me 5 or 10K. It costs more to get that back then it's worth. My .02

Just evaluate the cost of chasing the problem.

PhantomChaos 03-22-2005 11:26 AM

What a yagoff. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

packinair 03-22-2005 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
feel that if someone owes me money I want it to be lots of money. Don't owe me 5 or 10K. It costs more to get that back then it's worth. My .02

Just evaluate the cost of chasing the problem.

can I borrow $10k? :drink:

Rookie 03-22-2005 11:33 AM

I don't believe you did anything to detract from his credibility, you sent some facts that he acknowledged were true, and then threaten to renege on your deal.

DollaBill 03-22-2005 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by packinair
can I borrow $10k? :drink:

You can have whatever you need Packin. How about 20? Then it will be worth trying to collect.

fund razor 03-22-2005 11:39 AM

Hey Bill,

Send me 19,999.00 and write me off. :D