Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need legal advice about "slander" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98861-need-legal-advice-about-slander.html)

Jonas 03-23-2005 01:53 AM

Re: need legal advice about "slander"

Originally Posted by masher44
GasHog, So the guy is the best guy in the world... great! :rolleyes:

So great of a guy it takes him a year to send the stuff :rolleyes:

KNOB!

actually that is a great shop!! and yes there are probably better places somewhere in the world... but around here i cant think of one,
who is good in texas?
had some freinds just move there,they are having thier boat towed in may and will need to find a good shop, anyone that can work on some really nice chit ??

masher44 03-23-2005 02:19 AM

Where in TX? I am kinda new here but there are a few board members who rave about some guys....

masher44 03-23-2005 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jonas
well BS!! it aint the side of the coast!!!

I have personally had issues with deadbeat loosers on the right side,
well maybe you got your belly pointing towards aligator land and facing space. the snow has you binded and your brain is frozen. cause it isnt the side of the country,.,
you probably remember the 4 or so yrs ago i bought a boat 35 fountain with bad motors and drives, advertised with new motors and drives, not few hundred dollars worth of chit
10's of thousands!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just one example.
I shoulda broke his AZZ and sued him up the river,
then there is the winners like national marine,, oh yeah!! nice......
,, not going to start coming up with all the the other chit i have seen read and heard etc,,

I can come up with as many or more people from the west coast that got f-d by oakies and easties,,
i think you should really rephraze your whole statmnt,,
also i know more people in my neighborhood that could buy and sell you and all you got every day of the week cash than you could shake a stick at. sounds like jealousy. but still
Not a cool statment.

Jonas

It's both coasts... thats why I moved to Texas in the middle :D :D

Sean H 03-23-2005 07:45 AM

you know only two things come out of texas masher.... :D :D

Sean H 03-23-2005 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by GasHog
Steve, I know the guy who you are talking about. He asked me to reply to your post on this website so I opened an account today to reply.
He is willing to do what it takes to get this problem resolved, but you are really making it hard for him to do when you keep blasting your anger around cyberspace. First off I met you when you picked up the boat last year and I know and you know what was done to the boat prior to you picking up the boat. I know he emailed you pictures of the engines being built. Every part that went back on those engines were perfect and he even custom painted certain parts of the engines HP blue for you at no additional cost to really make it nice for you. The carpet you refer to was a spare cockpit carpet that is red that came with the boat that you forgot to put in your truck the day you picked up the boat. He filled the gas tank and took you for a tour of the boating area and met up with other friends. He introduced you to many people and bought you and your girlfriend lunch that day. The boat performed flawlessly and you were very happy especially happy with how clean the motors looks. You drove the boat for about 3 hrs. and then he gave you some pointers on operation and places to go on your trip back to LOTO. You wanted a list of what was done to the boat in case you ever sold the boat which you have not received yet and wanted some extra trim rings to put on the other gauges in front of the throttle which were not included in the sale of the boat but cost about 10 dollars. Then you left on your trip back. He gave you his cell phone # and said to call him if you have any problems on the way back because he knew you were going to be running the boat at every body of water you could on the way back home. You then left on your trip.
The next day you called him Sunday and said you were on a sandbar in the San Francisco bay some where and you were being towed of and were concerned about the engines getting hot and full of sand and wanted to know if you could stop by on your way out of town and have the engines checked. He said no problem. You came by and he did a full check on the engines and ran them and back flushed them. He then sanded and painted the lower units for you for a total cost of 0.00$ He said hey don't forget your red carpet.Carpet was left again. You thanked him for everything he did and went on your way and had a awesome trip home as you stated in some pictures you put on OSO last year. Your gripe about the paper work was way overdone and un nessesary. I received your email that you sent to some 30 to 40 people and was appalled and then you put it on this post. Is the boat running bad or are you planning to sell the boat? This guy is one of the best and detailed boat repair guys in the country and you know it. He is honest and fair in what he does. I just had to put some of what I know is true about this guy in this post because I know that this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. If you were missing outdrives or something blew in the motors it would be different. I took his torch away yesterday and gave him a lesson in how to use the UPS website. He did say that he was sending some cheese to go with your Whine!!!!
PS Steve, I saw the Gaffrig control with trim in the handle he was going to give you free. Good luck with the free part of that deal. :drink: :eek:
Sincerely, One very happy customer you emailed

given all that.... why would a great guy threaten to burn all the stuff and email him a pic or video of it...

sounds like a knob to me....

Steve_H 03-23-2005 08:47 AM

GasHog "Tony"?

i am ALSO willing to do whatever it takes to get this resolved.
i have been MORE then patient with the situation. remember , this has been going on for over a year now.
honestly , if i could have thought of a better way to handle the situation i would have but there is a limit to my patients. ________ is a phenomenal rigger/mechanic. i cant say enough about his ablitys. my boat ran perfect the 1st day i picked it up and still does to this day!!

most of what you posted above is true except for a couple of exceptions. the trim rings where included in the deal. the blue paint was the previous owners idea as he owned a body shop. nonetheless , it was done at no charge and yes i am gratefull for it. i didnt forget the red carpet. it was lost at the time and i was later told it was found on top of your formula's bow. what i did forget was the mooring cover which i picked up on our way back from SF. the list of repairs/machine work and parts replaced was something HE told me i would get. if he hadnt i would have demanded it anyway. all this can be verified by my girlfriend , who like all women , never forget anything! plus i have old emails if you want them.

anyway , i think him and i may be close to resolving the situation after recieving an email from him yesterday. when that happens this thread will disappear for good.
i will also send out another email to everyone on the list with an update on the situation. like i said before , i dont wish him any ill will. i just want this over with.

DollaBill 03-23-2005 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
given all that.... why would a great guy threaten to burn all the stuff and email him a pic or video of it...

sounds like a knob to me....

Because even great guys have tempers when they feel wronged. Remember, there are 2 sides to EVERY story. Then somewhere in the middle is the truth most of the time.

fund razor 03-23-2005 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by GasHog
He asked me to reply to your post on this website so I opened an account today to reply.

I don't know who did what to whom.
But if I ever have a problem like this, I sure the heck wouldn't recruit some friend to be my mouthpiece.

Right or wrong....I prefer to fight my own battles.
I am surprised to see this Cyrano style response.
Seems kind of emabarrasing or demasculating.

Maybe it's just me.

t500hps 03-23-2005 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor
.................Seems kind of emabarrasing or demasculating.

Maybe it's just me.

Don't butt in, nobody asked you how you fold your skirt now did they :rolleyes: :D

fund razor 03-23-2005 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
Don't butt in, nobody asked you how you fold your skirt now did they :rolleyes: :D

Yeah... you are right.
The fact that some guy doesn't fight his own battles is none of my concern.

I was acting like someone posted the issue on a public boating forum that I belong to.
My bad.

I will have a friend of mine email you and tell you that you are a jerk. :D