Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hopefully good news on stolen boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98919-hopefully-good-news-stolen-boat.html)

enticer 03-19-2005 12:31 PM

Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

WOW ..... this is really taking off.........

TRichter 03-19-2005 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by MnFastBoat
First sorry to hear about your problems.
But what I just noticedafter reading all of this I would like to offer advice to REMOVE the guys SS# for the page you have posted on the internet.
Yes, some may think it is great to have since he is ripping people off. But I would just hate for YOU to get in trouble for posting such sensitive information. :(

Now with that, go get the damn boat and fight it out in court again. Make the supposed new owner fork out hte cost to get the boat back.
What stinks is even if you do get the boat, how the hell would you ever be able to sell it anyway?
Things like this make me nervous about buying a differnet boat. Makes me glad I went new for my first major performance boat

Good luck :drink:

Done, fixed the link also, thanks

TRichter 03-19-2005 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by TRichter

Seems to me since I am the title holder along with my finance co., that if someone bought the boat from me, I would have them make the check out to the finance co., this would give clear title to the new owner and the finance co. would send me a check for the balance after payoff. The new owner would have clear title along with his lien holder.

TRichter 03-19-2005 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps
This is just weird......Is the boat collateral on the note? As other said, the note would have to be paid off to re-title. (And I'm sure your lender would like to know whats been going on)
If you did a home refi or used something else as collateral then maybe this senario is accurate.

Anyone local to the broker.....whats does he have for assets???

(Doesn't this sound kinda like the "Apache" name/trademark issue? :eek: )

The broker told the guy he owned the boat and financed it himself, the buyer found out differant when he went to pay it off and wanted the title, then contacted me about the title, that is when I found out who had the boat and what state it was in. I was trying to work with the buyer and the both of us go after J.P., but now he's scared and won't talk to me.

TRichter 03-19-2005 03:15 PM

If anyone out there is interested I will put up $1000.00 to find the boat, repo it and hold it for me to pick up. Get with me for copies of title for boat and trailer. Tom

DollaBill 03-19-2005 03:25 PM

ohhhhhhhhh, read the other thread!!!!! I wish I was closer. I'd do it for free (well, maybe a beer).

TRichter 03-20-2005 12:02 AM

Anyone interested in finding my boat? Send me a private message. Hey , but still leave a post to keep this up top and current. Thanks, TRichter

TRichter 03-20-2005 12:35 AM

After what I have been through, know I know why Wayne Starks of Rio Villa, Tx., was so suspicious of the boat brokers that arranged my financing of his 1991 27' Fountain. This was back in 1994 and I should have learned from him at that time. Wayne, my hat's of to you. I wished though that you would have given me some advice, especially since you knew J.P.Price. Wayne is a great guy all, " Under Pressure" a true blue boater and a gentleman, TRichter

TRichter 03-20-2005 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
ohhhhhhhhh, read the other thread!!!!! I wish I was closer. I'd do it for free (well, maybe a beer).

A TRUE BLUE BOATER, my hats off to you. Thanks, Tom

MnFastBoat 03-20-2005 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by TRichter

Not that it matters at this point, but I am sure it COULD have caused some greif.