Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hopefully good news on stolen boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98919-hopefully-good-news-stolen-boat.html)

ONESICKGLADIATOR 03-20-2005 06:25 PM

Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

[QUOTE=TRichter][I was trying to work with the buyer and the both of us go after J.P., but now he's scared and won't talk to me./QUOTE]

If you have his phone number The boys in new york could get his address grab him and see were the boat is :D :D :D

Rick OSG

JCPERF 03-20-2005 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=ONESICKGLADIATOR][QUOTE=TRichter][I was trying to work with the buyer and the both of us go after J.P., but now he's scared and won't talk to me./QUOTE]

If you have his phone number The boys in new york could get his address grab him and see were the boat is :D :D :D
See as soon as you mention hoodlums,Rick chimes in. :eek: :evilb: :evilb: :D

TRichter 03-20-2005 07:11 PM

I hired a PI and they ran an assett check, none to be found, only a bank account with a negative balance. He's hiding the money somewhere, I would think that the I.R.S. would be interested in shady dealers like this, and if he claimed the money he ripped off from me.

R Addiction 03-20-2005 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Offer still stands....Me and a couple of friends.....Salzimar and Louis

Edward R. Cozzi 03-20-2005 08:18 PM

Go to this site. It's free.
www.ripoffreport.com

physh 03-20-2005 09:04 PM

just curious, but since you keep hearing it is a civil matter, I thought I would ask. I looked at the consignment agreement on his web page. I assume you executed one of these when you gave him your boat to sell.

There is a section for term of the agreement "from ___ to ___" WHen was the term supposed to expire- before or after he sold the boat? It is a long shot, but if the term of the consignment agreement had expired, you may have an argument that the contractual relationship (civil stuff) had expired, and he refused to return your property. It may look a lot more like theft to the DA/Police, and less like civil then, although it has been my experience that "its a civil matter" is sometimes a way of passing the buck by cops and prosecutors when they actually could do something.

Good luck,
physh

TRichter 03-22-2005 09:31 PM

Just wanted to inform everyone, Nathan called me tonight is is supposed to have his attorney contact me in the next few days. He has agreed to sell the boat and I will be out from under it. I will cut my losses, big as they are, but want this over with. Hope this is not a ploy, talked to him for 20 minutes tonight and at the end I asked if he had got a call from someone from OSO, or read read the post. He said he didn't. His attorney had finally been able to convince the DA of Travis County, Tx., to prosecute the broker of fraud. And he decided to get this over with.
The boat will be up for sell in the next week, anyone interested? She's a jewel, with only 257Hrs on 525's, one moter had a valve job at 172 hrs and the other has about three hours since rebuild from overheating. On board ac, Gill select choice, cool water bypass, MSD ignition, Pyrometers, the list goes on. Too many upgrades to list. I had $110,000.00 in it and Nathen has spent another $12,000.00 on it. A 94 with only 257 hours on the hull and fresh motors, what a steal. He will be asking $65,000.00. Thanks all for your help and comments. TRichter

Sean H 03-22-2005 09:32 PM

good to hear...

Steve_H 03-22-2005 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by TRichter
Just wanted to inform everyone, Nathan called me tonight is is supposed to have his attorney contact me in the next few days. He has agreed to sell the boat and I will be out from under it. I will cut my losses, big as they are, but want this over with. Hope this is not a ploy, talked to him for 20 minutes tonight and at the end I asked if he had got a call from someone from OSO, or read read the post. He said he didn't. His attorney had finally been able to convince the DA of Travis County, Tx., to prosecute the broker of fraud. And he decided to get this over with.
The boat will be up for sell in the next week, anyone interested? She's a jewel, with only 257Hrs on 525's, one moter had a valve job at 172 hrs and the other has about three hours since rebuild from overheating. On board ac, Gill select choice, cool water bypass, MSD ignition, Pyrometers, the list goes on. Too many upgrades to list. I had $110,000.00 in it and Nathen has spent another $12,000.00 on it. A 94 with only 257 hours on the hull and fresh motors, what a steal. He will be asking $65,000.00. Thanks all for your help and comments. TRichter

cool :cool:
sounds like the guilty party will get whats coming to him!!

TRichter 03-22-2005 09:59 PM

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

See my post "Robbed by a broker" look at the last page. Thanks all!!! Tom Richter