Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hopefully good news on stolen boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98919-hopefully-good-news-stolen-boat.html)

TRichter 03-18-2005 04:51 PM

Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

Originally Posted by GLH
Declare it stolen.

If you still had the insurance call them, make a claim fr stolen.

Call the Sheriff in your county and the county where the boat is and tell them where it is. Call your insurance company also.

Better yet ... have your lawyer call the sheriff's and your insurance company with the location.

And last, why do you trust people like that? Specially after the National Marine debacle. Anyone says "I'll make your payments" run away with your sh!t...

I've known the guy for 20 years, was supposed to be only for a few months, little did I know, it was only a few months , but then no boat. :mad:

bryanspeedracer 03-18-2005 04:52 PM

I guess that I'd call the Police in the LOTO area. Let them know what's going on and ask them what the best course of action is.

Here in N.Y. it wouldn't be stolen either and in the worst case scenario, you could get into trouble going and retrieving your property with a copy of a title.

Good luck.

Cat man do 03-18-2005 04:58 PM

Water Patrol! The"ll Find It If Its Down There

TRichter 03-18-2005 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
I guess that I'd call the Police in the LOTO area. Let them know what's going on and ask them what the best course of action is.

Here in N.Y. it wouldn't be stolen either and in the worst case scenario, you could get into trouble going and retrieving your property with a copy of a title.

Good luck.

1st: It's a State of Texas Duplicate Title, not a copy. 2nd: It's like you took your boat and had a new engine installed but didn't pay for it. Then went with the original title and the police and tried to get your boat. Are you going to get it? I don't think so, they will tell you that it's a civil matter, take it to court. :mad:

t500hps 03-18-2005 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P
Geez dude, what are you waiting for.

He's not even paying his loan anymore???

You paid 25K in payments after it was stolen.

If you don't want to get it yourself, then hire a repo company to get it for you. They do it ever day. They'll track the guy down, you have plenty of info.

Sorry to say, sounds like your being lazy. Put up a bounty, I bet someone on OSO will have it back to you within days.

I was going to say the same thing....A finder's fee for an OSO member???

TRichter 03-18-2005 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cat man do
Water Patrol! The"ll Find It If Its Down There

That might work, unlike the police, they might impound it, if he couldn't provide the paperwork or just write him a ticket.

38SprtCruzKev 03-18-2005 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by enticer
BEEN THERE DONE THAT..just talked to the investigator for the District Attorney (in Oshkosh) on Wednesday. Got the boat back, sold it and still am going for the remainder of the money owed me.
GO GET THE BOAT, but call and ask for assistance form the local law enforcement. They like to throw their weight around when it comes to things like this

Ditto what enticer states, we have a common friend....yes that is the word....right?

Same thing happened to me going on 2 years ago with the same dealer here in Wisconsin. Made a deal to trade my old boat to him for a new Manning trailer, storage, etc for my new 38 Fountain. Old boat sold and being used on a local lake....me....still no trailer, no money returned, no returned phone calls, or email or anything. And yes I still have the titles in my name!

Amazing, we are such a trusting and tight knit group amoung each other, and more and more often the PROFESSIONALS we go to are anything but professionals!!

Gilman 03-18-2005 06:12 PM

Tom, find the boat now! I will ride with you to get it.

TRichter 03-18-2005 06:58 PM

If I find it, I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks, You live just down the river from me.

Ron P 03-18-2005 07:59 PM

Tom, since your new here, let me give you some background.

Do you know the National Marine Story? If not, read up and do a search.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ational+Marine

What has happened to you just happened to MANY people on a grand scale. Their advice is solid. I'd like to hear what the MO Police had to say, or didn't you call them? If not, why not?