Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hopefully good news on stolen boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98919-hopefully-good-news-stolen-boat.html)

TRichter 03-18-2005 08:26 PM

Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

Originally Posted by Ron P
Tom, since your new here, let me give you some background.

Do you know the National Marine Story? If not, read up and do a search.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ational+Marine

What has happened to you just happened to MANY people on a grand scale. Their advice is solid. I'd like to hear what the MO Police had to say, or didn't you call them? If not, why not?

I am going to call the MO police and their Parks & Wildlife, (they seem to have more authority than police) Thanks for Info on National Marine.

Von Bongo 03-18-2005 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Possesion is 9/10 of the law. .

Not with titled goods unless you have possession and a mechanics lien.. Get a replevin and have the sherriff pick it up. Or for less than $1000 you can hire a repo company to get it.

The scenario with the new engine and trying to pick it up without paying is nothing like this. Do work and the law protects you by allowing you to hold the property until you are paid. Way different than this. BTW did you use an attorney to get your judgment? IF so does he/she understand because this sounds like a pretty cut and dried matter and it surprises me that they would recomned a judgment.

As for the guy that "bought" it maybe you can assign your judgment to him when you get the boat and he can try to collect on it. It isn't much but it saves him finding an attorney in TX. Much not be able to do it but it's worth him looking into.

TRichter 03-18-2005 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Not with titled goods unless you have possession and a mechanics lien.. Get a replevin and have the sherriff pick it up. Or for less than $1000 you can hire a repo company to get it.

The scenario with the new engine and trying to pick it up without paying is nothing like this. Do work and the law protects you by allowing you to hold the property until you are paid. Way different than this. BTW did you use an attorney to get your judgment? IF so does he/she understand because this sounds like a pretty cut and dried matter and it surprises me that they would recomned a judgment.

As for the guy that "bought" it maybe you can assign your judgment to him when you get the boat and he can try to collect on it. It isn't much but it saves him finding an attorney in TX. Much not be able to do it but it's worth him looking into.

What is a replevin?

Ron P 03-18-2005 09:08 PM

Where's Troutly when you need him???? Probably in the unsensored section. :evilb:

h2owarrior 03-18-2005 09:16 PM

It's hard for me to believe you have been making payments on this boat for 26 months and have not had it. You add that the "Broker" paid a few months.......that is nearly 2.5 years.

I can't tell how long you have known where the boat is, but you have the name and have spoken with the current possessor, his address and his insurance agent, and you still have done nothing to go and get it ?

I am sorry, this story does not add up for me. I think if this is a true story, you follow Von Bongo's advice and get a Repo man and you will get your boat back.

Still sounds a bit odd to me.

CHEETAH34 03-18-2005 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Go get your boat. Period. You have title. Call the police today. Tell them the boat is stolen and that you know where it is. Let Nathan take it up with the broker. That's why all states need to license brokers like Florida. Ask Otis311 or one of the other guys who got screwed by National, but I think I am right.

I WOULD DO THE SAME THING WHO CARES ABOUT THE OTHER GUY WHO BOUGHT IT AS FAR AS YOUR CONCERNED YOU HOLD THE TITLE AND THAT BOAT IS YOURS GO GET IT ....TELL THE POLICE SOMEONE STOLE IT...AS LONG AS YOU HOLD THE TITLE ITS YOURS

Back4More 03-18-2005 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by 38SprtCruzKev
Ditto what enticer states, we have a common friend....yes that is the word....right?

Same thing happened to me going on 2 years ago with the same dealer here in Wisconsin. Made a deal to trade my old boat to him for a new Manning trailer, storage, etc for my new 38 Fountain. Old boat sold and being used on a local lake....me....still no trailer, no money returned, no returned phone calls, or email or anything. And yes I still have the titles in my name!

Amazing, we are such a trusting and tight knit group amoung each other, and more and more often the PROFESSIONALS we go to are anything but professionals!!

:eek:

TRichter 03-18-2005 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by lchornet
Do I understand your 1st post? The broker sold the boat in March 2002? THREE years ago? What did the judgement say? Did it give you money, or did it give you your boat?

check out my link, it gave me money of $110,000.00 & 5% interest, but it is a piece of paper, I want to get the boat back, sell it and garnish what I can for the differance.

Ron P 03-18-2005 11:13 PM

http://www.mo-kan.com/ Call this guy or find more repo agents at www.repo.org/

TRichter 03-19-2005 12:06 AM

The boat is still mine, the way I figure it, I will deduct what I get from the boat and he will owe the balance. When the link comes up, scroll down to Cabnetcon, It should display.