Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hopefully good news on stolen boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98919-hopefully-good-news-stolen-boat.html)

LubeJobs42 03-19-2005 06:11 AM

Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

Originally Posted by fund razor
Usually I am suspicious when somebody joins and posts the first thread about a problem with somebody.

However, they don't usually give their name either. So I guess I think Tom is on the up and up.

Welcome to OSO. Go get your boat back. Then post a pic of you on the water in it. good luck.

I know Tom and introduced him to OSO. I thought some of us could give him valuable advice as we all know how this industry works and many get taken advantage of. Tom is for real.

LubeJobs42 03-19-2005 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by TRichter
Thanks, Fund Raiser, Didn't know about this site till a guy in Miami named Gino who owns a big cat, told me about. Met him on E-bay (Bought a knock-sensor from me) Tom

Tom, Are these guys great or what??!!! After reading all the posts, I really like the Repo man idea. They are ruthless. Offer them a bonus on top of the fee. I know how frustrating this can be. I have so many judgements againt people and companies. They usually end up being wall paper!!

enticer 03-19-2005 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Tom, Are these guys great or what??!!! After reading all the posts, I really like the Repo man idea. They are ruthless. Offer them a bonus on top of the fee. I know how frustrating this can be. I have so many judgements againt people and companies. They usually end up being wall paper!!

Sorry to say.but you 100% correct.....they ALL end up as wallpaper. There is no justice for the thief only against the honest and kind person

32storm 03-19-2005 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by TRichter
The boat is still mine, the way I figure it, I will deduct what I get from the boat and he will owe the balance. When the link comes up, scroll down to Cabnetcon, It should display.

What you have written here does not make any sense. You state you have a judgement from the court, that you are unable to collect on. You have the title to the boat, and know the general geographic location. Your goal is to get the boat back, and sell it for the proceeds, then garnish for the difference.

May be I've missed something in this, but:
a) The court did not award you the boat, it awarded you a cash settlement.
b) There is no mention of the court awarding you your cash settlement and the boat.
b) You have not mentioned if the court has now determined that this broker is now considered the owner of this boat.
c) If the court has determined that the broker is the owner of the boat, it would appear as though you would have a course of action for repo through your judgement.
d) If you have a judgement in a civil case for the boat, I don't see how you could now possibly claim it as stolen.

Sounds like you need to huddle up with your attorney, or a new attorney, on this matter before I would rush to try to recover the boat. If you hook up to it and take it, you may end up being the one possessing the stolen boat!!

rush 03-19-2005 08:14 AM

I would do a registration search for the boat's numbers through the State Agency and the USCG to find out if it has been retitiled. Contact the State Attorney General's office to see what they can do about the licensing of the broker.

Formula Outlaw 03-19-2005 08:21 AM

If you've got an official duplicate title, with the bank's lien on it, and the boat was sold without paying off the lien, it's fraud. Even in Texas.

Everyone has offered you good solid advice. I know laws differ from state to state, but I cannot imagine you getting into trouble going and getting your/your bank's boat. Just lay the proper groundwork, i.e., letting the proper authorities know what you are doing. Have your bank write an official statement backing up your claim, WITH a phone number where an officer of the bank can be reached, in case the local authorites want to validate your claim.

Personally, and no offense meant here, I think you've waited way too long.

If you don't want to do it yourself get a repo man on it.

But DO SOMETHING AND DO IT NOW..... GOOD LUCK....

t500hps 03-19-2005 08:52 AM

This is just weird......Is the boat collateral on the note? As other said, the note would have to be paid off to re-title. (And I'm sure your lender would like to know whats been going on)
If you did a home refi or used something else as collateral then maybe this senario is accurate.

Anyone local to the broker.....whats does he have for assets???

(Doesn't this sound kinda like the "Apache" name/trademark issue? :eek: )

HUSTLEthis 03-19-2005 08:55 AM

Sounds like it was embezzled to me...and you can report that.

mkramer 03-19-2005 09:50 AM

Hire the REPO man...................It sounds like it's worth the money. That leaves you out of the actual retrieving of the boat and hopefully any legal issues with getting it back.

It's yours.....let them go get it!

MnFastBoat 03-19-2005 12:18 PM

First sorry to hear about your problems.
But what I just noticedafter reading all of this I would like to offer advice to REMOVE the guys SS# for the page you have posted on the internet.
Yes, some may think it is great to have since he is ripping people off. But I would just hate for YOU to get in trouble for posting such sensitive information. :(

Now with that, go get the damn boat and fight it out in court again. Make the supposed new owner fork out hte cost to get the boat back.
What stinks is even if you do get the boat, how the hell would you ever be able to sell it anyway?
Things like this make me nervous about buying a differnet boat. Makes me glad I went new for my first major performance boat

Good luck :drink: