Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hopefully good news on stolen boat >

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Notices

Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Old 03-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do? Pic attached.

Hi, A (friend?) of mine who is a boat broker picked up my 1994 32' Fountain w/525's.(He's 200 miles away at Lake Travis) He had it sold the week of 911 and the guy backed out. It then sat on his lot for 6 months (March 2002)and he said he would make some payments on it if he could use it and get it out on the lake for exposure. I agreed. He made 4 payments and stopped, so in Nov of 2002, I went to pick it up but the boat was gone. To keep this short, he sold it to a guy (Nathan)in Lees Summit, Mo. and told him that he was the owner. He got $51,000.00 down and later I found out that he sold it back in March. I sued and won, but can't collect anything from him. HERE'S A LINK TO THE JUDGEMENT http://home.houston.rr.com/cabnetcon/ I've talked to Nathan in Missouri and he wants it resolved also, but now he won't take my calls. I still have title to this and am making large payments on it. I need some help with this, PLEASE!! The Broker is: J.P.Price (John Perry Price) owner of 4-Play Marine & RV, 2001 RR 620 North, Austin, Tx. 78734. Ph: 512-266-4551 and has a web site. http://www.4playmarinerv.com/ You might have to copy and paste to your search engine. As he has blocked this site. It seems to work now though. Thanks all, Tom Richter, Crosby, Tx.
Attached Thumbnails Hopefully good news on stolen boat-32fountain.jpg  

Last edited by TRichter; 03-20-2005 at 01:10 AM. Reason: new link
Old 03-18-2005, 10:44 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Help, I was robbed by a broker, what should I do?

Go get your boat. Period. You have title. Call the police today. Tell them the boat is stolen and that you know where it is. Let Nathan take it up with the broker. That's why all states need to license brokers like Florida. Ask Otis311 or one of the other guys who got screwed by National, but I think I am right.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went through this same thing with another A-hole in Texas, I had to drive to houston, jump the fence, cut the lock off the boat (i got caught, had to pay the $1300 he owed the marina for slip rental), and i trailered it home. If you hold the title the boat is yours, go get it. The police will not stop you I called them first and they told me to go get it.

call me with any question

Randy Wild
314-420-2619
Old 03-18-2005, 11:42 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Nathan got screwed, you have a boat to sell.....again. Go Get it!!!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Registered

if you are the title holder with no leans.. go get it.. but if you are making payment and the lien holder has the title call the lien holder and tell them.. if have very good attorneys
Old 03-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a stolen boat. Nathan is the one with a problem, not you. Your bank should back you up. Otherwise, report it stolen and let Nathan (and your friend) sort it out with the legal system.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Registered

Usually I am suspicious when somebody joins and posts the first thread about a problem with somebody.

However, they don't usually give their name either. So I guess I think Tom is on the up and up.

Welcome to OSO. Go get your boat back. Then post a pic of you on the water in it. good luck.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:08 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i live in lee's summit, give me some info and i will get your boat....
Old 03-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
Go get your boat. Period. You have title. Call the police today. Tell them the boat is stolen and that you know where it is. Let Nathan take it up with the broker. That's why all states need to license brokers like Florida. Ask Otis311 or one of the other guys who got screwed by National, but I think I am right.
You are absolutly correct. I hated like hell to take back my TopGun from the "new owner" But, I was the legal owner and was responcible for the note on it. The new owner went to court to get the boat back, but the judge ruled in our favor. Its your boat and you are liable for it. Go get it before he hits someone or ruins the boat. He has no right to insure it because he legally doesnt own it. Your responcible.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
i live in lee's summit, give me some info and i will get your boat....
Hey Sean, sent you an e-mail. Hope to here from you. Thanks Tom Richter

Quick Reply: Hopefully good news on stolen boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.