Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who works on their own boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98967-who-works-their-own-boat.html)

tomtbone1993 03-23-2005 02:52 PM

who works on their own boat?

Just curious, I do everything , but rebuild engines. My girl made a intersting comment to me last night. We have been together over 4 years. and I have owned my fifth boat since weve been together. She got, pissed because as soon as i get the boat the way i like it i sell them :rolleyes:

robyw1 03-23-2005 02:54 PM

Re: who works on their own boat?

I do it all

Roby

fund razor 03-23-2005 02:57 PM

I do it all.

Fear my OMC 260s.

Waterfoul 03-23-2005 03:00 PM

Can't afford to pay some one else to do it, so I do it all myself.

traviss 03-23-2005 03:01 PM

Do it all myself and others boats too... My theory is if the person can't fix it, they shouldn't own it :drink:

Perfectmix 03-23-2005 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
She got, pissed because as soon as i get the boat the way i like it i sell them :rolleyes:

I hear that. Just when you get all the bugs out. Time to move on! I do the same thing.

Sean H 03-23-2005 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by traviss
Do it all myself and others boats too... My theory is if the person can't fix it, they shouldn't own it :drink:

i wouldn't have anything.... :D i don't have the time mainly but i like to tinker with it...

t500hps 03-23-2005 03:09 PM

I tend to sell them when they are finished, but not capable of fixing the big items (drives, engines). Cosmetics, switches, pumps I have always handled myself.

Rippem 03-23-2005 03:18 PM

all maintenence, rigging, installs, upgrades, detailing, ect. I had requested nothing more than the yard boss to run the forklift for engine in and outs in the past...nobody touches the boats but ME.

drive and engine guts I leave to others, after they've been seperated from the boat.

I trust my own work the most, and there are VERY few I even allow to go near my boats without my being present.
(on my sixth boat in 16 years...I can count those people on one hand)

I'm a retentive, protective, obsessive compulsive maniac about my boats, and my wallet says that's O.K. :D

CONDOR24 03-23-2005 03:23 PM

i work on my own boat,replace things that ive already replaced,paint it when i get bored of looking at it,keep adding more and more horsepower,its like a visious cycle,i do the same thing with my snowmobile, and cars. to me its part of the happiness owning these things!! plus i cant stand having "stock" stuff, anyone can do that :D