Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What are fuel prices... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99084-what-fuel-prices.html)

DollaBill 03-26-2005 08:04 AM

Re: What are fuel prices...

I'm only 2.27 for reg and 2.57 for 93 ON THE WATER. My supplier told not to worry yesterday. We'll see

Raylar 03-26-2005 03:28 PM

I don't want to even post the price of gas and diesel here in San Diego, trust me its off the charts. As consumers we have to start facing the facts. Just like insurance companies, the Oil companies and our own (polititical only) leadership are not our "friends" and they do not want cheap fuel in America. First, if you were a stock company and your shareholders (mutual funds) were screamong for more earnings and you had almost no competition would you give back your exorbidant profits, hell no! If you were an elected politico who makes his money and future by supporting your biggest tax generator and political contributor would you control their profits. Hell no! People , wake up and smell the roses, the only way we are ever going to control oil companies and the "graveytrain, line my pocket, both party political bullsh**ters" is to realize that the best form of control is to not give them the money in the first place! If we as consumers put enough pressure on the automobile industry and engine designers for vehicles that really get the obtainable milage and efficiency that we need to keep the price of gas within reason by the old "supply versus demand rule" of economics that will keep gas affordable, we will keep the giant profit and tax monsters in our control. We also need to make sure the americn farmer keeps control of biodiesel and its refining so the big oil boys don't get control of that industry. Remember, they are going to take todays rip-off profits and buy tommorrows technology so they can still keep us on our backs! Just make sure everytime you go to the polls and vote, that you try and vote for a "public servant" and not a party line political bullsh**ter whose never had a real job! Also remember that enviromentalists are a loud and powerful group of individuals who also suffer and whine when the price of fuel cripples our economy. Someones going to pay for an out of control, tax overfunded government and its wasteful spending and understand that SOMEONE IS YOU! Just remember that there are a lot of great individuals who love and cherish this country and where there's a will there is a way!

Ray @ Raylar

powerqrudy 03-26-2005 03:50 PM

good post and it is very true??
WE did not have this problem till 2000

OCT 99 was about 1.10 dec 99 1.50

we are getting screwed I would love to see hte Farmer get that Bio diesel and make some money !!!

Make no mistake I am no LIB

I vote straight tickjet REP all day

Mike J 03-26-2005 04:16 PM

I was at the Colorado river where Cal,Nav,Arz all
meet and what a difference.
Cal. 87 2.45 Per Gal
Nav. 87 2.15 per gal
Arz 87 2.05 per gal
Tax in Calif.
.18 Exs
.18 Local City
.36 State
.72 Total Taxs PER GAL
Guess where I filled the truck and Boat up.
Mike J.

masher44 03-26-2005 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:mad:

Pantera1 03-26-2005 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Independent
Lets starighten out this ANWR thing once and for all Pantera1...

Estimates say there might be about 10 billion barrels in ANWR, this is on the high side, just to be fair..The USA uses about 6 billion barrels a year.

We are going to wait 10 years to get just over a years worth of oil ? .... that will be exported to other countries :eek: ...and you think this will reduce our dependency on foreign oil ? :rolleyes:

Wow youve realy straightened things out once and for all catmando..
Im saying bull hockey !! wouldnt be worth settin up the drill unless theres a decent quantity. And I highly doubt that if the world oil situation is unstable we would export it ..Its whatever is economically viable at the time .. Whats with the conspiracy theories ..any better ideas or just trashtalk ?

Outdrive1 03-26-2005 07:11 PM

I took the kids to Disneyland for spring break this week. Super premium was about 270/280 a gallon in So Cal.. Maybe .20 cents more a gallon than here in Phoenix.
I say hurry up and start the drilling, the sooner we take the money away from the Middle East the better.

docmanrich37 03-26-2005 07:42 PM

Hoping to do a shake down cruise today and burn some old gas! :D[/QUOTE]

Macklin me too since i have a little extra $$ from the Little Creek Regatta poker run that i was going to do.lol.Any registartion forms yet.Is the HRPA going to make it too Lake Murray on april 29 for their run?See ya on the water. :drink: :drink:

MitchStellin 03-26-2005 08:20 PM

"What are gas prices"..................thru the roof and on the way to the Moon. I think it is time to bear arms and take our refineries over by force. Then head to Iraq and take back the oil WE WON. Enough playing good guy to the world, we need to look out for #1!!!!! I am buying a locking fuel cap, I can see that as the next theft ring. :eek:

Macklin 03-27-2005 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Hoping to do a shake down cruise today and burn some old gas! :D

Macklin me too since i have a little extra $$ from the Little Creek Regatta poker run that i was going to do.lol.Any registartion forms yet.Is the HRPA going to make it too Lake Murray on april 29 for their run?See ya on the water. :drink: :drink:[/QUOTE]

Rich, I just went to the LCR web site.... www.littlecreekregatta.org and they have not updated it for this year. I will check with Reckless to see when that will happen. He will post a thread in the poker run forum once that happens I'm sure. It's August 5 & 6 this year. Hope you can make it!