Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   POLL: New lettering (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99107-poll-new-lettering.html)

Semper Fi 03-26-2005 06:43 PM

Re: POLL: New lettering

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
Looks good.

What did the previous owner do about displaying the hailing port for documentation ??

If you look really close at the pic in my first post, you can see it says Pompano Beach, Fla. on the transom between the exhaust. (It's hard to see)I need to take that off asap!!
The second owner never changed the hailing port.

I need to put the documentation # in the bilge somewhere also...I haven't seen it yet. :eek:

HiPerf2000 03-26-2005 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mine is loacated on the bulkhead in front of the motors.

Poorsche 03-27-2005 12:19 AM

I'd make the hailiong port a lot smaller--the name of boat is cool looking but gets overshadowed by port name

jayboat 03-27-2005 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I prefer a more balanced look... adjust the size and position to allow for the stern light.

Strip Poker 388 03-27-2005 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat
I prefer a more balanced look... adjust the size and position to allow for the stern light.

That looks better.

Nice looking boat :D

Sean H 03-27-2005 03:14 PM

i like jayboats idea.... :D :cool:

Semper Fi 03-28-2005 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by jayboat

That does look good!I do like it...... the only problem is trying to get around that light in the middle of the boat. The light is approx. 3.5" tall. From the top of the light to where the curve--is only 2.75" tall. From the bottom of the light to the rubrail is approx. the same distance. There isn't a way to get around the light without jacking up the letters.

I wish I could do it the way you did it. The letters would only be 2.50" tall at best. If they were 4'' each, they would be touching

jody165 03-28-2005 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gerard,

I had a similar situation (used same graphics guy too). I decided that it wasn't so bad if one of the letters went over the transom light. I like jayboats idea. In fact, if you made the letters even larger than his suggestion, then the interference with the light would be less noticable. You can make the Lake Havasu smaller to give you more room. Here's what I ended up with.

good luck, oh and by the way, you would be wise to take your boat out of GS (IMHO).

Semper Fi 03-30-2005 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jody165
Gerard,

I had a similar situation (used same graphics guy too). I decided that it wasn't so bad if one of the letters went over the transom light. I like jayboats idea. In fact, if you made the letters even larger than his suggestion, then the interference with the light would be less noticable. You can make the Lake Havasu smaller to give you more room. Here's what I ended up with.

good luck, oh and by the way, you would be wise to take your boat out of GS (IMHO).

Jody,
I think you are right. I will have Sticky try to design like Jayboats idea. Did you sell the beast yet? That's alot of boat!

Jayboat,
Thanks for the idea. I will follow up with this and see how it comes out. :drink:

Semper Fi 03-30-2005 08:32 PM

Okay guys, here's the new "improved version" What do you think now?