Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This just isn't right--How pissed would you be? >

This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Notices

This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Old 03-25-2005, 10:05 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

DAMN!!!!! I'd be pissed off!! Semper, I know this sounds a little harsh but get soft scrub with bleach....wet the surface and put some on your finger and LIGHTLY ......and I mean LIGHTLY smear it around the stain. Worked for me with some lime green bird crap that soap and water didn't touch!! Also if the soft scrub makes you nervous I've used acetone to remove stains from the waterline in small areas.....just need to wash with soap and water afterwards then re wax area. Hope this helps
Old 03-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tow your boat home...before it is to late, the guy is not so reputable after all...here is your warning!
Old 03-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gerard, is that shop near the beach in DP? Sorry about your situation, I know you have wanted a PP for years. Nice boat!
Carl
1998 232 Islander 7.4 (got the 25 OL)
Tow Rig
04 Excursion EB PSD 4x4 6" lift 35's
MY PICS: http://community.webshots.com/user/skygod73
Old 03-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Registered

Try WEsley's Bleach White on those stains--there are pigeons in the dry storage where my boat is and I've gotten to be a pro at cleaning up bird chit
Old 03-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

To answer a few questions......
I am going to have a profesional detailer try to fix this problem at the shop owner's expense.

The timeframe was not promissed, but it was supposed to be done 1 month ago.

I am going to get the boat after the motors are in and let someone els put everyhting else on the boat.

The shop that is working on my boat is in Riverside.

Can you friggin believe that I have a boat sitting in my storage space right now from his shop???? I did this so he would have some room for my boat. I am paying $295.00 a month storage for someone else's boat to be clean and for mine to get jacked!!! Monday I will get that boat out of storage and bring it back to his shop and leave it there.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Registered

Same 'Ol story...........marine service business' aren't worth anything and on we go!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Forgot to mention one other thing that I am so tired of dealing with A-HOLES in the marine industry that I probably will be selling the boat. This is way too much BS for me to deal with.

I am really tempted to sell the boat and my '04 GMC and go buy a Mercedes E55 AMG. and be savings alot of money without the BS.

For the very few people in the marine industry that are a pleasure to deal with (Trick Marine, Terry Sobo to name a few) I apologise because this is not directed to you!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I can believe it!!! Good get it out of there soon as you can...very smart plan...it could be alot worst..believe me! This day and age you have to really watch your boat where ever it is..and yank it as soon as you get scared.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Holy Chit!!!.....was your boat locked up in front of his house???......lucky the thing didnt get stolen or some kids didnt key the thing or mess it up just because they happened to be walking by..........get it outta there

the stains can be buffed out.......had that all over the deck ion mine last year......Mequires 3 step brought it back to new...........doug
Old 03-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Registered

This just isn't right--How pissed would you be? Extremely!!!!

What is wrong with the Marine industry. Since joining this board I have heard some of the craziest stories. How do these people stay in business??? It's great we now have the ability to let the word out on bad businesses. Unfortunately it would probably be better to list the good business since there would be a shorter list.

At least we have one of our own selling parts now. Fred should be model for others in the marine industry to follow. Would you like a fry with that water pump?

Dan

Quick Reply: This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.