Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This just isn't right--How pissed would you be? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99157-just-isnt-right-how-pissed-would-you.html)

Indy 03-26-2005 07:25 AM

Re: This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Originally Posted by candyman35
At least we have one of our own selling parts now. Fred should be model for others in the marine industry to follow. :D

Dan

I think Fred should buy the PowerPlay molds and run it the way it should have.

excursion 03-26-2005 07:30 AM

Semper , soory for your bad luck, but that is the reason I do all my own work. Dont be afraid to try and bolt on the rub rail and cleats your self, steering wheel simple. Plus you get a little more knowledge of your boat.

dykstra 03-26-2005 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20
i d be sitting next to ya.....

Me too :mad:

LIOPA 03-26-2005 10:13 AM

THAT REALLY SUCKS........ :mad:

Take lots of digital pictures of what is going on. SO when you have a deatiler handle it you can just pass of the bill to the owner of the shop. You might want to get legal advise as well for the motor part. Looks like you have to play a little hard ball with this guy and light a fire under his butt.

el indio 03-26-2005 10:23 AM

every once in a while you hear about a boat owner who retaliates against a scumbag service guy.pretty funny stories.one that comes to mind is the service guy who coppied the wrong paint job and was asked to change it.he laughed.then he went to the hoapital i believe they repainted the boat on a sunday..then there was the lawyer who pissed off somebody and was being persued.lent his car to a friend.friend pulls intl f.a. lot get ball batted.later they find out they nailed the wrong guy.they now go back and finnish the job.2 4 1..........

BRUCE SEROFF 03-26-2005 10:26 AM

there's several guys here in jersey that treat their customers the same way. seems like many of these marine guys all have the same mentality. your always at their mercy. once they have your boat and your motors scattered all over the shop, they pretty much have you by the short hairs. If I treated my customers the way some of these marine guys do, I would be cleaning windshields by now. working for food.

bottom line for anyone getting major boat work done. get everything in writing... price, completetion time, sign off on all extras. and if they're not done by the agreed date, they face liquidated damages. most marine guys wont agree to that, because then they would actually have to work hard instead of B***S***ing all F**en day.

I share your frustration....good luck

el indio 03-26-2005 10:33 AM

bruce you are right on about the taking it apart thing.thats called job security.i would think the jersey boys would have it under control with the ball bats and pistols.cya m.m.

Semper Fi 03-26-2005 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by el indio
bruce you are right on about the taking it apart thing.thats called job security.i would think the jersey boys would have it under control with the ball bats and pistols.cya m.m.

I'm from Jersey....maybe I should go "Jersey" on this guy :D

I actually don't have alot of choices here. I'm between a rock and hard place on this one. It's tough because he is rebuilding both of my motors.(HP500's) If I have a problem with the motors I want to be on good terms with him for warranty problems if they arrise.
I need to go to his shop on Monday and lay down the terms/ guidelines of our business relationship fom now on......my boat stays at his shop, he will pay a detailer to fix the deck and he will give me a timeframe to have the boat completed.

LIOPA 03-26-2005 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I'm from Jersey....maybe I should go "Jersey" on this guy :D

I actually don't have alot of choices here. I'm between a rock and hard place on this one. It's tough because he is rebuilding both of my motors.(HP500's) If I have a problem with the motors I want to be on good terms with him for warranty problems if they arrise.
I need to go to his shop on Monday and lay down the terms/ guidelines of our business relationship fom now on......my boat stays at his shop, he will pay a detailer to fix the deck and he will give me a timeframe to have the boat completed.

NOW thats the sound plan.......and tell him you will visit Friday every week to see the progress. If he is a straight up guy he will work with you and hit the agreed target date. Diplomacy is the best bet but be firm and let him know your done with all the crap....next F-up your lawyer will knockin' on his door.

CROWN MAN 03-26-2005 11:32 AM

Are u sure your in Cali. and not Miami.