Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This just isn't right--How pissed would you be? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99157-just-isnt-right-how-pissed-would-you.html)

offthefront 03-26-2005 03:04 PM

Re: This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Originally Posted by LIOPA
NOW thats the sound plan.......and tell him you will visit FRIDAY EVERY WEEK to see the progress. If he is a straight up guy he will work with you and hit the agreed target date. Diplomacy is the best bet but be firm and let him know your done with all the crap....next F-up your lawyer will knockin' on his door.

Friday HELL .....you might just show up every day ! BUT ..I know where your coming from ....these guys have us by the nads ..they aren't many that do hi performance work ...and even fewer that do "good" work .... So sometimes you have to smile while your bendin over ...... :eek:

Michael1 03-26-2005 03:33 PM

Semper,

Good engine building requires precision, care, and cleanliness. This guy has none of those attributes. If you get good engine work out of this bozo, it would be a miracle. I'd pick up everything, and get out.

Michael

Steve_H 03-26-2005 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I gues I am getting some closure here......I just got off the phone with the shop owner. I called to lay down some new groundrules between me, him and my boat. He said that he was truely sorry and will do what it takes to make it right. He said he aready had the boat cleaned and the stains removed from the boat.
He acknowledged that my boat will stay indoors, in his shop, covered, etc... from here on out.

He also said the boat will be completely detailed to my satisfaction when I go to pick it up. :D

This is really the best resolution I can expect---if he follows through with his promises.

sounds like he's going to try and make it up to you.
ide still show up unannonced a couple of times a week to make sure he's making progress. sqeeky wheel gets the grease.

Semper Fi 03-26-2005 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H
sounds like he's going to try and make it up to you.
ide still show up unannonced a couple of times a week to make sure he's making progress. sqeeky wheel gets the grease.

exactly my plan. I'm surprise at this whole thing. He is actually somewhat famous....but known very well on the West Coast. I won't reveal his name or business unless he jacks me around again.

dhlaw 03-26-2005 07:14 PM

I saw that boat out in the water a few weeks ago with 2 guys and some chicks. Was that you??

Semper Fi 03-26-2005 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by dhlaw
I saw that boat out in the water a few weeks ago with 2 guys and some chicks. Was that you??

:eek: :eek:

If you did, they were only floating....the boat has no motors in it :D :D

dhlaw 03-26-2005 08:35 PM

It had an electric trolling motor......

MiamiVice 03-26-2005 08:56 PM

I would move that boat ASAP, and have another shop finish the job. Then I would take big azz dumps all over that guys front porch.

Semper Fi 03-26-2005 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiVice
I would move that boat ASAP, and have another shop finish the job. Then I would take big azz dumps all over that guys front porch.

Miami Vice....
YOU HAVE THE COOLEST AVATAR! Man that is awesome candy :D

CAP071 03-27-2005 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by enticer
Same 'Ol story...........marine service business' aren't worth anything and on we go!

So true Most are full of BS and should be closed :mad: