Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain 42 Lightning (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99216-fountain-42-lightning.html)

tomtbone1993 03-27-2005 10:11 PM

Re: Fountain 42 Lightning

Eddie, you need to bring that bad boy down to H-town and run some TOPPS, runs. Tom

10x 03-27-2005 11:21 PM

Eddie.... This one sounds sweet. It's gonna take 1 hell of a boat to top your last one. :cool:

GLH 03-28-2005 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have fun with it Eddie, I remember the ride you had last year...Here we are hooked up in Marathon. I think your on the nose protecting that Fountain from our Cigarette!!! :D:D:D

fountaindriver 03-28-2005 02:43 PM

10X

You are right, my painter will be hard pressed to out do himself from the purple boat. He claims he is up to the challenge, he recently finished a 43 V Nor-Tech for a friend of mine that turned out beatiful.

Hello Tom;

I would like to make some TOPPS runs this summer.

And finally GLH,
I remember the Marathon run, that was the run where Jackie went into labor and Stu became a father that weekend. I remember sitting at the cafe with Stu and he had that blank look on his face, finally everyone said Stu "Get OuttaHere".

That was a fun run and one to remember.

Fountaindriver

Fountaindriver

44MTI 03-28-2005 02:47 PM

Pics Eddie Pics, We need a fix.
Also are you going to Sarasota this weekend?

tomtbone1993 03-28-2005 03:02 PM

Eddie i sent you a PM, Tom

GLH 03-29-2005 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by fountaindriver
...I remember sitting at the cafe with Stu and he had that blank look on his face, finally everyone said Stu "Get OuttaHere"...

Stu word if I recall were "Anyone has an helicopter or plane close by I have to get to Miami" :D:D:D

fountaindriver 04-04-2005 10:24 AM

I took the boat out this past weekend, I have not received my Herring props so I put a set of Mercury 4 blades 16.75 diameter 34 pitch props on the boat. The weather was perfect with the exception the water was very flat with no wind. I had a full crew of five people on board with a full load of fuel. I ran the boat up to 120 MPH at 5800 RPM with some throttle left. I was running approximately 4 pounds of boost on 93 octane gas.

The boat is extremely quick to get on plane with the ventalators on the props. The boat has amazing quickness from 100 MPH to 120 MPH. Also, with the extra freeboard Fountain has added for the 2005 model, the boat handles a bit different from my 2003 model. It seems to handle lighter in the bow.

I will post some running shots as soon as a friend of mine e-mails them to me.

Fountaindriver

Sean H 04-04-2005 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by fountaindriver
I took the boat out this past weekend, I have not received my Herring props so I put a set of Mercury 4 blades 16.75 diameter 34 pitch props on the boat. The weather was perfect with the exception the water was very flat with no wind. I had a full crew of five people on board with a full load of fuel. I ran the boat up to 120 MPH at 5800 RPM with some throttle left. I was running approximately 4 pounds of boost on 93 octane gas.

The boat is extremely quick to get on plane with the ventalators on the props. The boat has amazing quickness from 100 MPH to 120 MPH. Also, with the extra freeboard Fountain has added for the 2005 model, the boat handles a bit different from my 2003 model. It seems to handle lighter in the bow.

I will post some running shots as soon as a friend of mine e-mails them to me.

Fountaindriver

sweet.... :D :D :D :D

TxHawk 04-04-2005 03:40 PM

Hello all, I will post pictures as soon as I get home, about 5pm...

Eddie, send me an email so i can get your address. [email protected]

THIS BOAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!