Notices

New Orleans Info

Old 03-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Orleans Info

I am making a trip to New Orleans on the last weekend in April. I want to take the boat out on Lake Ponchartrain one of the days. I have done a little searching on the internet and not found much information. It looks like there are some bars / restaurants accessible from the lake around the Westend area - just west of the Lakefront Airport. I believe I saw a Joes Crab shack and a few other things. Is there a public boat launch on the south end of the lake near Westend? Is there a place / marina I could park and leave the boat while I party in the city during the weekend. If anyone from the area could write me back and give me a few of the ins and outs I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Registered

Default Re: New Orleans Info

Feel free to give us a call, as we will be running around the lake all year.
There are some great bars and restaraunts in the area.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There used to be a gas dock at the marina right by the park there. The gas dock would rent you dock space at night and had 24 hr security. Dont know if they still do that. Oh yeah... and they sell beer.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zog02
I am making a trip to New Orleans on the last weekend in April.
Jazzfest? That is the weekend that Dave Mathews and Widespread Panic are playing.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The very next weekend (May 7) is the Tickfaw 200 Poker Run. Adjust your schedule if possible, its a great time!

There is a free public launch at Bonnabel Blvd.in Metairie and Williams Blvd. in Kenner. The West End Launch is closed/damaged.

Try Jaegers Seafood Beer Garden or The Dock which are right next to each other, at West End. Joe's and the Hong Kong restaurant are a little further East, along the canal leading to the marinas at West End.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There is another launch on Lakeshore Drive by the airport. Never as busy as the other two. Its also much closer to the West End area. There is also the Dock in Slidell...another waterfront bar/restaurant.

I'll think about the parking.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping there was a launch by the airport. I wish it was going to be the next weekend but unfortunatly my plans aren't to flexible. I wish I could do the poker run...it would be a great time. Thanks again and if anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to throw them in. Thanks!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

there is a launch under the seabrook bridge next to lakefront airport.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Registered

I am frequently in New Orleans because my SO lives there. I think I could schedule myself to be there for the Poker Run if anyone has room for 2 extra. I'd love to see what the rest of the lake looks like (damn thing is HUGE!)
Old 03-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Registered

Just wanted to thank everyone for the replies. No matter what question I ask I am always amazed at how many replies I get. The world could take a few lessons from OSO.

Quick Reply: New Orleans Info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.