Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Ski Run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99354-poker-ski-run.html)

SkiDoc 03-29-2005 06:37 AM

Poker Ski Run?

Anyone out there that likes to ski behind their performance boat? I want to do a Poker Ski Run for charity possibly the sunday after the Lake Cumberland Poker run. What I am thinking is a run with several different classes with age, sex, and another class for a relay. All boats/skiers could be timed and given a certificate with the time. Of course records would be kept and be broken year after year. I think this could be a lot of fun and another excuse to run together for a good cause. Even if you own a boat but are not a skier, you could find a victim to hang out back there. Anyone interested? Eric Kelley :cool:

Ms PatriYacht 03-29-2005 07:46 AM

Re: Poker Ski Run?

1 Attachment(s)
I bet Mr P would be interested :rolleyes: He really enjoys it when the boat goes fast :D

GLH 03-29-2005 07:48 AM

I think you'll get more bites if it's a PokedHer Ski Run.

SkiDoc 03-29-2005 01:16 PM

Okay, for the less athletic types out there how about an innertube division. You could sit there and drink your favorite beverage, that is if you really, really trust your boat driver. Mrs. P. got to know the story about the fractured hand.

Ms PatriYacht 03-29-2005 02:24 PM

That's a foot :eek: Ian did it last August behind our Malibu
I was pulling him a little to fast probably about 39 MPH, he wound up with broken bones, torn ligaments, and nerve damage. After 7 months his foot still hurts.

The tubing sounds like fun, my girlfriends and I like to be pulled around little lake at our house while enjoying a few cocktails.

ITLLFLI 03-29-2005 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Anyone out there that likes to ski behind their performance boat? I want to do a Poker Ski Run for charity possibly the sunday after the Lake Cumberland Poker run. What I am thinking is a run with several different classes with age, sex, and another class for a relay. All boats/skiers could be timed and given a certificate with the time. Of course records would be kept and be broken year after year. I think this could be a lot of fun and another excuse to run together for a good cause. Even if you own a boat but are not a skier, you could find a victim to hang out back there. Anyone interested? Eric Kelley :cool:

Sounds interesting! I would like to know more? I think I could round up a few people.

Byron
[email protected]

birdog 03-29-2005 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
Sounds interesting! I would like to know more? I think I could round up a few people.

Byron
[email protected]

I'll pull the Putz......If he has the Cojones !!! :D :D

ITLLFLI 03-29-2005 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by birdog
I'll pull the Putz......If he has the Cojones !!! :D :D

I will do it as long as its not like the poker run start!! I just dont want to get RUN OVER!!! :eek:

PatriYacht 03-29-2005 03:57 PM

Doesn't the water get a little rough with a bunch of offshore boats on a poker type run. Cumberland is narrow, not a lot of room to spread out.

SkiDoc 03-29-2005 08:34 PM

I've thought about, the start and some safety aspects. There is no way that as many could start in the ski run as the poker run. There would have to be different flights and rules, most importantly not following other boats, observers would need to raise a flag to alert others that there skier was down , all boats would need numbers for timing. I got a great PM from a member who helped organize the Catalina ski race. A very cool T-shirt, and some good food and socializing after would be in order. Mrs. P, I think that your husbands foot ought to be healed just perfect by September. Any other ideas appreciated. Eric