Notices

Poker Ski Run?

Old 03-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Poker Ski Run?

Anyone out there that likes to ski behind their performance boat? I want to do a Poker Ski Run for charity possibly the sunday after the Lake Cumberland Poker run. What I am thinking is a run with several different classes with age, sex, and another class for a relay. All boats/skiers could be timed and given a certificate with the time. Of course records would be kept and be broken year after year. I think this could be a lot of fun and another excuse to run together for a good cause. Even if you own a boat but are not a skier, you could find a victim to hang out back there. Anyone interested? Eric Kelley
Old 03-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Poker Ski Run?

I bet Mr P would be interested He really enjoys it when the boat goes fast
Attached Thumbnails Poker Ski Run?-ians-foot.jpg  
Old 03-29-2005, 07:48 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I think you'll get more bites if it's a PokedHer Ski Run.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Registered

Okay, for the less athletic types out there how about an innertube division. You could sit there and drink your favorite beverage, that is if you really, really trust your boat driver. Mrs. P. got to know the story about the fractured hand.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Registered

That's a foot Ian did it last August behind our Malibu
I was pulling him a little to fast probably about 39 MPH, he wound up with broken bones, torn ligaments, and nerve damage. After 7 months his foot still hurts.

The tubing sounds like fun, my girlfriends and I like to be pulled around little lake at our house while enjoying a few cocktails.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Anyone out there that likes to ski behind their performance boat? I want to do a Poker Ski Run for charity possibly the sunday after the Lake Cumberland Poker run. What I am thinking is a run with several different classes with age, sex, and another class for a relay. All boats/skiers could be timed and given a certificate with the time. Of course records would be kept and be broken year after year. I think this could be a lot of fun and another excuse to run together for a good cause. Even if you own a boat but are not a skier, you could find a victim to hang out back there. Anyone interested? Eric Kelley
Sounds interesting! I would like to know more? I think I could round up a few people.

Byron
[email protected]
Old 03-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
Sounds interesting! I would like to know more? I think I could round up a few people.

Byron
[email protected]
I'll pull the Putz......If he has the Cojones !!!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
I'll pull the Putz......If he has the Cojones !!!
I will do it as long as its not like the poker run start!! I just dont want to get RUN OVER!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Registered

Doesn't the water get a little rough with a bunch of offshore boats on a poker type run. Cumberland is narrow, not a lot of room to spread out.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Registered

I've thought about, the start and some safety aspects. There is no way that as many could start in the ski run as the poker run. There would have to be different flights and rules, most importantly not following other boats, observers would need to raise a flag to alert others that there skier was down , all boats would need numbers for timing. I got a great PM from a member who helped organize the Catalina ski race. A very cool T-shirt, and some good food and socializing after would be in order. Mrs. P, I think that your husbands foot ought to be healed just perfect by September. Any other ideas appreciated. Eric

Quick Reply: Poker Ski Run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.