Thanks folks. Start to finnish I have probably 10 hrs. in them. I taught myself to sew making a couple of pillows and then got at the seat. I will do the rear bench next.
Basically I took the old seat and raised the sides approx. 3 inches and the backrest 10 inches from the original design. I had always liked the bolsters that "lock" you in and this design keeps me locked in tighter than nuns underwear. The sides supports do look aggressive in the pics. In person they are proportionate to the rest of the seat.
I will do this again on another set now that I have learned a couple of things. One, foam design and shape is key and two, I used real heavy vinyl. If I went a little lighter, it won't take as long to work the wrinkles out.