Notices

Boating In Florida

Old 04-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating In Florida

I live in Miami and boat all over the Keys, Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale but does anyone have any good suggestions of where I could trailer my boat here in Florida to experience some new places, rivers, lakes, bays, whatever?? Thanks.

Max
Old 04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Boating In Florida

Check out Fort Myers and the Tampa Bay areas!!

Then head over to the East coast and spend some time on the St. John's between St. Augustine and Daytona.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Registered

Whats there to do in those areas? sandbars? Restaurants?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, All of the above. The Gulf is much calmer than the Atlantic....go fast water!

Julie
Old 04-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

Hey Pmpaint1, I'm new to the Ft. Lauderdale area and I could use your old tired places if you are up for sharing ! Just got my GPS, so I'm up for exploring.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area is packed with lots of waterfront resteraunts and clubs and there's no shortage of islands to go visit. There's also a nice long intercoastal to follow and sightsee. There's a local club called the OPBA and they do monthly runs around the area. Sarasota and Longboat Key are not too far away. It's just a really nice, relaxing place.

St. Augustine is a bueatiful, old city at the mouth of the St. John's River, nice place to visit. The St. John's is a deep river, well marked and quite navigable and is a scenic cruise. It's best to take a day or two to cruise.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Registered

Thats easy just head down south to Sands Cut off of Elliott Key on any sunny day and there is 100's of boats all at the sandbar. There is also a sandbar with deep water in stiltsville which is north of Soldier Key. All of this is in Biscayne bay off of miami. They are packed every good weather day in the spring and summer. If your coming from Ft. Lauderdale and its calm just go offshore and cut in after key biscayne. If you really want to go alittle farther there is always the sandbar at the tiki bar in Islamorada.

Tell me more about St. Pete. Is there some holidays or anything like the Columbus Day Reggata type of thing we have here in Miami and if so when?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

There not old and tired just been doing it for so long wanted to try something new but I wouldn't trade living here for anywhere!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pmpaint1
Tell me more about St. Pete. Is there some holidays or anything like the Columbus Day Reggata type of thing we have here in Miami and if so when?
Actuallly, you just missed the big one. It's a festival called Gasparilla and it happens in February. Huge boat parade, pirate ships invading, street parties, etc. It gets crazy, but it's fun.

Starting in Tampa at the northernmost part of the bay, is the Hillsborough River and the "channelside district." There's plenty of places to tie up, go shopping, get a bit to eat and a drink or two. Jackson's is nice there. As you go south, Downtown St. Pete is next, there are a couple marinas there, a nice pier with a great view, dining, parks, etc. After you go around the bend, you come up on Tierre Verde. More nice resteraunts and marinas. There's a great club at the TV Marina. Nice wet-T contests every Sunday. Shell Island is nearby, it's a local favorite hotspot for boats to pull up. Heading North up the Gulf side, John's pass is a must see. There's a place called Gators with docks. Nice waterfront bar, and live music on the weekends. Plenty of shops and tours leave from there including a few gambling boats. Clearwater Beach is further North and it's just a really nice, clean area. Lots of sightseeing and a nice club called sheppards beach resort. It's a hot spot for spring breakers and weekend warriers alike.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I almost forgot, downtown st. pete has a nice waterfront park by the Vonoy, which hosts different festivals almost monthly during the spring and summer; Festival of States, Blues Fest, Rib Fest, Jazz Fest, a bunch of others. Anchor off the coast and listen to live music outdoors. It's cool.

Quick Reply: Boating In Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.