Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fellow OSOer's opinions !! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99660-fellow-osoers-opinions.html)

berns29scarab 04-02-2005 03:01 PM

Re: Fellow OSOer's opinions !!

as far as wrenching goes i guess the best description of that would be either i know enuff to keep myself out of whatever i dont know about...make sense

Stormrider 04-02-2005 03:47 PM

Bern, I wouldn't worry about going bigger, if it suits your needs, its big enough.

Jigsaw89 04-02-2005 04:22 PM

I personally would buy the Krypto due to it's proven rough water ability, 29' length, color, 500 efi power and trailer mobility. If you want to buy a boat and enjoy it on Barnegat Bay/the ocean this summer with the least amount of hassles, the Krypto is the way to go. Good Luck!

berns29scarab 04-02-2005 05:18 PM

i appreciate all the feed back and opinions thanks to all

BJM 04-02-2005 05:33 PM

Bern
A no brainer for doing 80+ with little work. The Kryptonite is a great boat, especially since your with a trailer. The hustler will NOT do 80! with that set up. If you want to be KING of single engine boats you can buy my ACTIVATOR for $80,000. You'll be at 100mph will no worries. Once you buy the Kryptonite, I'll show you why you should have bought my Activator. We do live in the same neck of the woods. Best of luck. :D

B.J.

Ron P 04-02-2005 05:40 PM

Bern, did you ever hear the story of how Kryptonite got it's name?

You know John Cohen from Superboat is close by in Long Island. Superboats must have been the king of Long Island for a while so Kryptonite was the only thing that could kill a Superboat (man). Get it?

I didn't say it was funny. Thank Jenn Cohen for that little bit of Long Is history.

berns29scarab 04-02-2005 05:46 PM

thanks BJM and Ron that was good...

Rforsey 04-03-2005 11:22 AM

In taking in all that you have wrote it is the Kryptonite that you would love...
I was leaning toward the Hustler only because of the bigger cabin and since you don't use it then , this is a easy KRYPTONITE. If you are just choosing between these 2 Boats. But if your not then Graig's Bullet is awesome and you would get it all comfort and his is will do over 80.
we had a 2002 29' and it was awesome. handles unreal and is light and easy to tow around.
I Will PM you and give you our number if you want to talk to Ron about
how our Kryptonite was.
I really enjoyed that boat and am sorry we sold it. and although we had more Hp in ours I got it to 83 and still had more throttle....
It was so easy to drive and handle that I even took it out by myself and putting it on the trailer was a breeze.
Kell.

berns29scarab 04-03-2005 11:52 AM

thanks for the reply