Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Maybe a good ending to a sad story... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99718-maybe-good-ending-sad-story.html)

masher44 04-02-2005 03:15 PM

Re: Maybe a good ending to a sad story...

Originally Posted by mopower
The only good part is we finally found out what a Baja is really good for :evilb: :evilb: :D.

that is wrong!! :D :D

Saleen367 04-02-2005 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by mopower
The only good part is we finally found out what a Baja is really good for :evilb: :evilb: :D.

How typical ... :(

bouyhunter 04-02-2005 03:57 PM

It was a great boat, and served me well.
Lake Erie can be a nasty lady, but I always made it home.
I tried posting a pic, but having problems with the size.

bouyhunter 04-02-2005 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I tried posting a pic, but having problems with the size.

Rather than delete the above, I know I'm gonna get some chit for this... - hell, I'm gonna get chit for this whole thread..

Racegirl3 04-02-2005 04:29 PM

No comments about the size ... :rolleyes: Theres a glitch in the system right now and nobody can post pics.

Dont worry bout what people think, as long as you know your doin everything you can ..... remember those sayings ... cast the first stone ... mile in another mans shoes ....... besides, most peoples intentions are good. They only want to help.

The boat bar idea sounds great.

Glassdave, I have a friend who is looking to buy a bar in Port Clinton. He is also a boater. Ill mention what you have to him if thats ok with you. :cool:

Steve_H 04-02-2005 04:39 PM

Mcollinstn,
Funny you mention the picture thing. My daughter and I promised to send pictures this week. I went out and bought some cheap frames that I can put a few pictures in. Would I be wrong to put in a picture of me and my wife? My daughter knows her and loved her - would this just cause more problems with the ex-wife?? (these are the things I have to think about).
I'm figuring the ex is gonna be really busy with a new husband, and a new baby, that I might actually get a chance to spend some time with my daughter.

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!
THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT MY OLD BOAT BECOMING A BAR!!!!!
It would be a cool thing.
My personal life, and previous financial problems are irrelevent.
I'm recovering, and the only thing that could make me happier is if I could afford the "mistress" that I'm dreaming about.

Phuck the ex. worry about whats good for your daughter. stay in touch and be in her life as much as possible. i cant think of anything that is more important in life then the relationships we fathers have with your kids.

the bar idea is cool :cool:
make sure you post pics if it happens!

HiPerf2000 04-02-2005 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
hey, if they need another hull for a bar i cut up a 30 foot Obssession with that same intent (just never happened :rolleyes: :D ) i have about a 4 foot section of the stern and about a 6 foot section of the nose.

DannyD (Swipes) was looking for a section of a bow a couple months ago. he may still need one.

bouyhunter 04-02-2005 05:16 PM

RaceG - did you ever get the Junkyard CD?? - I'm listening to it right now. Good Stuff!

Steve - you're right, I've just been walking gently around this Biotch for several years, and I want to make sure my daughter doesn't know how bad things are between her mother and me. I always tell her she has a good mom, and the woman is a good mom (but a lousy wife).
Poor bastage that knocked her up....Good luck to him - never even met him yet, but, Good luck to him...
I know he's not a boater, he'd never put up with her sh$t if he was.

Need-the-Speed 04-02-2005 05:28 PM

Bouy,
Thats great man. I bet that time in your life was very difficult. I also bet it would be hard let your boat go. I know it would be hard as hell for me. Don't get me wrong , Family first, toy's second, obviously. I can imagine you had some great times, met some of your best friends, even been in a few close calls on that Baja. At least it won't get scrapped. I think it would be really cool to go to that bar and tell a few tales about the boat, you know the good times. I'm sure you would certainly have the attention of one or two people. Hope it works.

P.S. I wouldn't send the pic of you and the new bride, just you. As much as your daughter likes your new wife, her family will alway's be you, your ex, and herself. Never forget that, no matter how happy she is for you. What would be REALLY cool is framing a pic of you and your daughter, the most important lady in your life. If you don't have one, photoshop works great. I would never want to get a divorce with children. It must be devastating. just my .02

Racegirl3 04-02-2005 05:32 PM

RaceG - did you ever get the Junkyard CD?? - I'm listening to it right now. Good Stuff!

I was past Circuit City several times in the last two weeks but never had enough time to stop. Did download a few tunes, sounds great. Hopefully monday I can stop and pick it up. Theres a few others Im wantin too. :cool: