Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Maybe a good ending to a sad story... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99718-maybe-good-ending-sad-story.html)

AIR TIME 12-14-2008 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by tiufb (Post 1281191)
I don't know how old your daughter is, but how about email or instant messenger? That's one way I keep in touch with my son during the week without having to talk to the ex. I also got him a cell phone so I can call him direct. The best piece of advise my attorney gave me was communicate with the ex-wife ONLY by email, it avoids a lot of problems. Good Luck.

thats a good idea with the cell phone and bouy thats a good idea about a book, I hope you can take her on school vaction now that the ex has a new husband, thats got to be tuff for you good luck.

fund razor 12-14-2008 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman (Post 2758914)
what do u do when u want to leave but u cant stand the ideal of losing all the **** u worked ur ass off 4, i want to seperate and see if thats what i want but she begs and says it will be better,its not going to be ive told her i want out. my heart is not in it anymore.it started 3 years ago and we grew apart i told her 1week before thanksgiving that i wanted out again its been like walking on eggshells now.just dont know where to turn been waiting to get thru the holidays my youngest is 16now i have 2 more sons over 18 just really bummed dont know what to do

I am sorry to hear that. That is a tough and complicated one to go through. I hope that you have friends or family who you can talk to who will listen without causing more trouble.

I will say that all of the **** you worked for is not worth being unhappy. I know happy people who have nothing, but their freedom. And happy people who have nothing but their partner. People first, stuff second.
Oh... and no pressure.... but how you handle this may define how your 16 year old views you for years to come.

I hope that you find some peace in this.

bmanafort 12-14-2008 08:42 AM

Being a product of a divorced home I could tell you that with maturity comes wisdom and she will come around. Just keep plugging along with the cards and try not to get discouraged.

bouyhunter 12-14-2008 10:12 AM

WOW.
Isn't this a piece of history being brought up.
Johnny, all I can tell you is my own experience.
I'm happier now than I ever was. I've got myself back into a boat (24 Pantera) that I'm working on. My wife and I just celebrated 5yrs married, and we're still best friends. My old dog that I kept from the first marriage had to be put down a year ago. That broke my heart - I miss that guy. Have two dogs now that make us happy, and drive us crazy.
Me and the wife took some chances on new jobs, and we're doing quite well now. It's a modest living, but a very good happy life.
I'm still in touch with my daughter, but that is still a difficult situation.
The cost of losing everything was worth it.

You're happiness is important. And the "stuff" isn't what makes you happy. It only enhances your happiness.
I recall 6-7 years ago having to go through the car looking for change to buy necessities. I had to go through all that to get where I am today.
But it was worth it.
If you're miserable with her, well, that's no way to spend your life.
You only get one chance at this thing (life), better make it count.

bouyhunter 12-14-2008 10:12 AM

Oh, and I still have no idea what has happened to my old boat - if anything.

johnnyboatman 12-14-2008 09:57 PM

thanks, bouyhunter happy holidays