Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Insurance list of restricted boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99754-insurance-list-restricted-boats.html)

eMotiondriver 04-04-2005 09:38 AM

Re: Insurance list of restricted boats

Originally Posted by craig223
What are you, the poster child for the miserable peoples association??? ....Or did you just get your insurance bill for a cat????

:eek: :rolleyes: :evilb: :evilb:

Yes to Both... :eek:

OldSchool 04-04-2005 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by eMotiondriver
Yes to Both... :eek:

:D :D At least you still have a sense of humor!!!! :D :D

salesmanship 04-04-2005 05:19 PM

Actually there is or was a company calling their boats "Cigar". Building them in the Keys or something like that.

dykstra 04-04-2005 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Exactly, the cheapest easiest boat to buy at the boat show.
The totally inexperienced boater can buy one of these, insure it just like there car, and then first time on the lake doesn't understand why it doesn't stop like a car, doesn't understand current and wind, slams the boat into the dock (or worse..), and makes an insurance claim.

Don't the Insurance Co's realize that the people that buy performance boats are 99% of the time aware of what they have, and are cautious about it's use and who handles it. I leave the other 1% to the guy's with too much money that should have bought a Bayliner.

Couldn't have said it better my friend!

SeaRay Jim 04-04-2005 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by formula31
If either of our insurance companys knew what we have done to our boats, we'd be arrested. LOL

LOL, actually I just canceled the policy I've had for 3 1/2 years and got a new policy. UMU where it was insured got a little shaken when I called to be honest about repowering and ask what if anything needed to be done, or if they had to look for a new underwriter. The kicker was that they would not allow me to change the value of the boat.

I got a new policy for less $$$, increased value, max'd limits and disclosed all 475 HP. :D I'm sure they'll not want to pay to have the motor pulled and dyno'd. :evilb:

eMotiondriver 04-04-2005 05:57 PM

From another THREAD.
As several of you know I am nearly ready to close on a 2000 Tiger. I'm flying to Virginia this Tues with waterheater and another friend for the survey and sea trial..... If all goes well hands will be shaken and boat will be mine.

My question is regarding the hitch on my tow rig. The tow rig is a 2004 GMC 2500 Diesel. The hitch states the following: Max Trailer Weight - Weight Carrying 7500LBS, Weight distributing 12000LBS. Then there is Max Tongue Weight - Weight Carrying 1000LBS, Weight distributing 1500LBS.

I'm assuming the "Weight distrubuting" is either a 5th wheel or sway bars? Is this true. I will not be using these options so it wouldn't seem to me the 7500 limit would not be sufficient? I was recomended today to replace the stock hitch arrangement with an aftermarket bolt-on hitch?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evilb: :(

Next question will be
how high should tabs be.... :evilb:

hugetime1 04-04-2005 06:07 PM

don't worry that is an internal memo for that companies agents, this just means that this company does not write these boats, just like metlife doesn't.