Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99808-lake-winnipesaukee-speed-woosies-again.html)

Pantera1 04-06-2005 10:16 PM

Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Well my new Thread did not get posted. Well written, non inflammatory, just trying to present a positive side to the "offshore" or "GFBL" group. After it never posted I emailed and ask "Herr Don" why. He just replied about ten minutes ago and said that "it was a continuation of the speed thread that he just locked down. Give the offshore a rest, I won't allow the bickering and insults to continue.

Now if it had been Acres for Idiots posting something bashing offshore you can bet your last mph he'd have let that post. His so blatant biased cencorship is just unbelievable.

I'm done with that Forum for awhile. It's like trying to communicate with a box of rocks.

Its not a forum over there its more like "bore em"
If its not the weather or whatcha bought today at walmart , its too controversial. GFBL

jarhead0341 04-07-2005 06:21 AM

I dont even waste my time posting anything over there i just check the weather and the ice cams.It's just that one sided :crazy:

winni laker 04-07-2005 07:20 AM

Dean, yes its me. I figured its time to get NHRBA out there in the public. I just posted on that other forum introducing it and trying to see if anyone bites to help out.

I have a ton of ideas just need folks to help out.

Custie

Formula Outlaw 04-07-2005 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I got an email this morning from "the webmaster" there.

It just said: Nazi Don. Nice...

So I wrote him back and patiently explained to him just how he came by tht nickname, that he himself had earned it, and that I was not, by a long shot, the only one who felt that way. I'll see if I can attach the email I sent him. If not, I'll recopy it later this evening for all of you to see. I didn't really blast him, just politely gave him a bit of a "reality check".

Here goes....It worked. Read this email and give me your feedback. Curious as to what you guys think. Thanks. Russ

Audiofn 04-07-2005 08:43 AM

It seems that I am being moderated also. For the life of me I can not figure out why. I sent a email the other day and he has not emailed me back to say why, So Formula you should feel lucky at leaste he has emailed you back. Even my post about homes in the area was removed???? :( :(

Jon

Formula Outlaw 04-07-2005 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
It seems that I am being moderated also. For the life of me I can not figure out why. I sent a email the other day and he has not emailed me back to say why, So Formula you should feel lucky at leaste he has emailed you back. Even my post about homes in the area was removed???? :( :(

Jon

Did you read the attached email. There is no rhyme or reason as to what he allows to be posted and what he doesn't. It comes down to one thing. Censorship, extremelly biased censorship. He knows it, he just doesn't care. He and his buddies are just the "me me me me me, and only me" types. You know just like back in school.

"Mrs. Smith, Jon talked in class when you were in the hallway" type.

This morning I'd just finally had my fill of Herr Don and his henchmen. The man needs to, if not understand, at least to be point blank told that he and his actions have EARNED him the nickname of "Nazi Don". He has no one to blame but himself. Will he see that? Of course not, but I don't care. At least I put if out there for all the world to see. If he doesn't like it I could care less. I didn't cause him to get that nickname, he did, whether he wants to acknowledge it or not. Russ

Audiofn 04-07-2005 09:35 AM

Formula while I do not agree with his censorship and seeming bias to offshores, NO ONE deserves to be called a "NAZI" (unless they really are WWII Nazi's). I think that aint right. I do find it interesting that they said that we were the book burners but in fact they are the ones that are constantly (I guess) asking ot have us censored.

Jon

Pantera1 04-07-2005 10:34 AM

Well.. its his website ..so the way i see it , he can do as he wishes over there. But I will continue to spread the word "not to waste your time on that forum".. And rebuke any propaganda about needing a speed limit on the lake. Id like to see Winnilakers replace winni .com..great site .. Although the forum is a little difficult to get to ..Suggestions would be cookies so we dont have to log in every time , v bulletin ?

Waterfoul 04-07-2005 03:50 PM

I replied on that thread... we'll see if it makes it to thru the censor.

Acres Per Second, I would like to congratulate you on once again skewing any data you plagerize off the internet to meet your one track mind.

How about including acid rain in your theories on polution at Lake Winnie? Winnie is down wind (read: East) from some of the largest cities in the eastern US and Canada. Detroit, Buffalo, TORONTO, and even Montreal. Detroit and Toronto are THE two largest auto manufaturing cities in North America. All the polution these industrial cities put into the air eventually fall as rain... and unfortuanatly the lakes, rivers, and streams of the American northeast are where this normally happens. We are experiencing the same issues with lakes in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Polution from the Twin Cities and Duluth are tainting the lakes there. Fish are dying, water clarity is down, and rings just as you provided a photograph of are present (though much of what you show is probably due more to vegitation such as leaves decomposing on the lake bottom).

Also, as Audiofn has already said, performance boats tend to run on the lean side for more power. I've actually blown up a motor looking for that last couple of hp running it a little too lean. I know many other GRBL boaters who have done the same thing....So I guess that blows your performance boat running rich theory right out of the water (pun intended). If you want to point a finger at some kind of motor contributing to the polution more than any other, try all the 2 stroke outboards and PWC's running around Winnie. I'll bet they outnumber the performance boats 50-1 (or more!). You want to talk running rich?? Oily?? Start there and leave the small % of performance boats out of it. There are many lakes here in Michigan that do not allow 2 strokes anymore.... maybe someone should start that crusade at Winnie?????

Wasabe 04-07-2005 03:54 PM

Good read Water. Ditto.http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/i...ons/icon14.gif http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/i...ons/icon14.gif http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/i...ons/icon14.gif