Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99808-lake-winnipesaukee-speed-woosies-again.html)

matawanakee 04-13-2005 08:38 AM

Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Well interestingly I make one post here and am called a moron. Talk about not seeing both sides of the issue, talk about rude!

I happen to have written to all... ALL the reps in NH opposing the speed limit the first time around... I am a conservative and opposed to limiting freedoms.

I will now support the bill because the behavior of a few makes it very difficult for the rest of the lake users.

I personally would love to drive a big fast boat and go fast, but Lake Winni is just not that big and is too crowded for the unsafe activities that the very fast boaters are doing.

As for the forum at winni.com being one sided, if it were only one sided do you think APS would even be allowed there?

Also there are some posters, who's posts are allowed, who just jump down the throats of anyone who's opinion differs. These people are not just the "tree huggers".

Most of us just want a place to talk about the lake, get answers to our questions, and let our children read the posts. Since it is a family orientated site, language is monitored.

If your posts are not allowed, consider your language and whether you are just flaming or actually adding points to discuss or an opinion.

The tone of this forum is quite different, and acceptable for the members. This same use of language is not tolerated there because of the nature of the site. If you were really tolerant and understanding of opposing views you would see that. It appears that some of you only want your view.

Enough said. I will go back to the lake. Be safe on the water, all.

Pantera1 04-13-2005 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by matawanakee
Well interestingly I make one post here and am called a moron. Talk about not seeing both sides of the issue, talk about rude!

I happen to have written to all... ALL the reps in NH opposing the speed limit the first time around... I am a conservative and opposed to limiting freedoms.

I personally would love to drive a big fast boat and go fast, but Lake Winni is just not that big and is too crowded for the unsafe activities that the very fast boaters are doing.

As for the forum at winni.com being one sided, if it were only one sided do you think APS would even be allowed there?

Also there are some posters, who's posts are allowed, who just jump down the throats of anyone who's opinion differs. These people are not just the "tree huggers".

Most of us just want a place to talk about the lake, get answers to our questions, and let our children read the posts. Since it is a family orientated site, language is monitored.

If your posts are not allowed, consider your language and whether you are just flaming or actually adding points to discuss or an opinion.

The tone of this forum is quite different, and acceptable for the members. This same use of language is not tolerated there because of the nature of the site. If you were really tolerant and understanding of opposing views you would see that. It appears that some of you only want your view.

Enough said. I will go back to the lake. Be safe on the water, all.

For starters if you think the word moron is too much for your kids to handle when they are old enough to read a forum ..then I feel sorry for your kids as they are being raised by a moron.
>>I will now support the bill because the behavior of a few is makes it very difficult for the rest of the lake users.<<
Not only is your grammar horrendous but you claim to represent the majority?? So there are the "few" then theres "the rest of us" ???
Let me enlighten your little world !
There are the "few" ..whom I would suggest are the narrow minded individuals who would impose a speed limit , then theres the rest of us ..25000 on this site alone !!!
Lake winnipesaukee is small ?? Now thats a good one .
Here ya go ..right off the front page from whiny.com
Location = Central New Hampshire, USA
Area of water surface = 72 square miles
Number of islands = 253
Distance around lake = 182 miles
Height above sea level = 504 feet
What I love about this sight is that we can tell it like it is instead of glazing over the truth. The truth ?? I think your a communist :D

matawanakee 04-13-2005 07:09 PM

Pantera1, I edited my typo lest I be accused again of poor grammar.

What does 504 ft above sea level and over 200 islands have to do with boats that can go from one end on the lake (Alton) to the other (Center Harbor) in 7 minutes. That is too small. Personally If I had a boat that fast I would be more interested in a lake that could handle going fast more than a few minutes. Anyone who has navigated winni, knows that these 200+ islands, a few rock farms and channels keep high speeds to just a few minutes at a time. Not fun in my book.

If you want some respect on winni.com behave like an adult. Those who jumped down my throat here are just showing that you are only interested in your opinion rather than a discussion on the pros and cons of fast boats on certain bodies of water.

As for being a communist, why would you want to insult me like that? Does that in some way further your cause? I did not call you or anyone here any names. Is that the way you get people to leave who do not agree with your opinion?

What size body of water would you consider too small for these boats? When you travel fast do you like to go great distances at high speed or is a few minutes enough? Is it considerate to travel at high speeds, back and forth, and back and forth through narrow areas? I am just trying to get an understanding of what is so much fun about this.

Thank you for your time.

jarhead0341 04-13-2005 07:23 PM

7 minutes from alton bay to center harbor, i want a ride in that bad boy! :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :evilb: :evilb:

Pantera1 04-13-2005 07:37 PM

Your intelligence is remarkable ..Or maybe your just spinning ..NO elevation doesnt have anything to do with the topic ..just to clarify. Seventy two square miles does !!
Alton to center harbor in 7 minutes ..your a moron ..thats impossible in any boat, well maybe Miss budwieser .. I do not seek the respect of your band of nitwits and the mind police over at Whiny.com
Why would I call you a communist ?? Because you are ..your type is constantly seeking some form of legislation to ban or restrict anything that you do not support..Mind your business and stop wasting the taxpayers money ! And i have no patience for people with your nack of spinning the truth into your own agenda !! You obviously have no idea what your talking about with regard to going fast on the lake .. Ive been boating on Winni for 38 years and going fast when I feel like it , not all the time and yes for short blasts not constantly. Can you give me one incident in recent history that was speed related on the lake ONE just ONE

What does 504 ft above sea level and over 200 islands have to do with boats that can go from one end on the lake (Alton) to the other (Center Harbor) in 7 minutes. That is too small. Personally If I had a boat that fast I would be more interested in a lake that could handle going fast more than a few minutes. Anyone who has navigated winni, knows that these 200+ islands, a few rock farms and channels keep high speeds to just a few minutes at a time. Not fun in my book.

If you want some respect on winni.com behave like an adult. Those who jumped down my throat here are just showing that you are only interested in your opinion rather than a discussion on the pros and cons of fast boats on certain bodies of water.

As for being a communist, why would you want to insult me like that? Does that in some way further your cause? I did not call you or anyone here any names. Is that the way you get people to leave who do not agree with your opinion?

What size body of water would you consider too small for these boats? When you travel fast do you like to go great distances at high speed or is a few minutes enough? Is it considerate to travel at high speeds, back and forth, and back and forth through narrow areas? I am just trying to get an understanding of what is so much fun about this.

Thank you for your time.

Formula Outlaw 04-13-2005 07:57 PM

Thank you for your time.

As previously stated, I think the first five words and last five words of your original post struck a nerve with us. On your Lake Winnie Forum we have been bashed bashed and bashed by a few of your members. And yet, more of your members have come to our defense.

I am "moderated" on that Forum for posts I made in THIS Forum that were hijacked by your members and posted on your Forum. The posts that I personally wrote in your Forum were much more respectful than what some members over there showed me. Yet, I was the one who was thrown in the "penalty box". Still doesn't seem right to me. But hey, who said life was fair?????

What you should do is ask a GFBL boater to take you for a responsible ride. You will then understand "what it's all about".

matawanakee 04-13-2005 09:17 PM

Hey, I was just quoting a GFBL boater... perhaps he was bragging about the 7 minutes. Again you are still calling me names for expressing an opinion. I am not the one who said there are any accidents with fast boats...though the guy doing donuts last summer and partially sinking his boat south of Rattlensake Island caused a stir. I saw the plume of water rise in the air from that one.

Audiofn 04-13-2005 09:21 PM

Matawanakee: I am not sure what you thought you were going to get coming onto this site and posting the way that you have. There are a lot of people over on this site that are a little (to put it lightly) sour about what has happened and been said to and about us over there. It is amazing that some of the members over there can post what ever they want and because it grooves with the agenda of the site it is let go. I hope that some of the posts that have been up as of late have put others in the penalty box but we will never know and I highly doubt it. I was put in the penalty box because (and this is only a guess because they will not return any of my emails to tell me why) in responce to a kayaker telling us we were all ego maniacs I said then I guess all the people in kayaks are tree hugging hippies...... Ya that should land me in the box..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I would at leaste think that they could take the ten seconds to respond as to why they were moderating a member. At leaste on OSO you get a warning and then the boot for a while. This board is 100% pro high performance boating. We do not talk about kayaks or sailboats or what ever with any enthusiasm on this site because we all love offshore power boats and that is what gets us excited. If you have never ridden in one then you have no idea what yuo are missing. My issue with a lot of the posters for the speed limit are that they are acting on knee jerk ideas and claiming facts when there are no facts to back their AGENDA!!! Their arguments are aimed not at a boat speed but at a class of boats, that happens to be us and it gets our blood to boil since NON of their arguments include FACTS.

Jon

Pantera1 04-13-2005 09:24 PM

Hey, I was just quoting a GFBL boater... perhaps he was bragging about the 7 minutes. Again you are still calling me names for expressing an opinion. I am not the one who said there are any accidents with fast boats...though the guy doing donuts last summer and partially sinking his boat south of Rattlensake Island caused a stir. I saw the plume of water rise in the air from that one.

No the 7 minute quote was one of your anti's over at whiny , I read that quite a while ago..another spin out on your part.
I like calling morons like you names because it is all that will wake you up from your coma !! Stop spinning everything it makes you look more stupid all the time..
Now I get to call you a liar ..Because the fountain that went down south of rattlesnake sank 3 years ago ..I was there !
Try again

jarhead0341 04-14-2005 05:28 AM

:( so tere is no boat that can get from alton to center harbor in 7 minutes :( :stupid: geuss i need more HP and i'll try it this summer.