Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again.... >

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Old 04-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Well the speed limit advocates are back at it again up in New Hampshire involving Lake Winnipesaukee. They got blown out of the water last time so they are trying again. It's the age old "I don't like it so you can't do it" mentality.

The first time around I got pretty involved in the Forum there and eventually got sent to the "penalty box". Now whenever I post there, their webmaster "Don" has to preview my posts to decide if they are acceptable or not. It's a joke. When I played in their "sandbox" I was extremely polite and courteous although I certainly got my points across. And what really topped it off is that some of their members, were extremely rude to me, yet because they are Don's buddies, they can say what they want. Now I fully admit some of what I posted here wasn't quite so polite. So the woosies came in here, stole my posts from here, posted them there, and I got in trouble. Go figure that nonsense out.

OSO is referred to as the "Marine Mafia" over there. No kidding, I'm totally serious. They accuse us of intimidation and threatening to them. It's pathetic.

Anyone who would like to voice an opinon go to:

www.winnipesaukee.com

It's worth going to just to read the childish gibberish. They see offshore boats as the true evil of the world.

Just be polite or you'll be joining me in "the box".....

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 04-03-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw

They see offshore boats as the true evil of the world.

My checkbook agrees with that statement.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
My checkbook agrees with that statement.

Just had to bring that up didn't ya?????????
Old 04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hmmm... I bet I can beat your record for shortest time from joining to being in the penalty box....
Old 04-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Hmmm... I bet I can beat your record for shortest time from joining to being in the penalty box....

Foul. go for it....

I actually lasted much longer than I figured I would. Then "the Donald" took my last post completely out of context and tossed me in the "sin bin". I even had some of their members coming to my defense, but I guess if your are not in Don's "inner circle" and know the secret handshake you can't say anything controversial.

It still amazes me that I was so much more polite and courteous in their Forum than some of their members were to me yet I'm the one that got tossed. So much for not knowing the secret handshake I guess.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

OK, I joined... is there a current thread on speed limits I can invade??
Old 04-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Man, what a bunch of panzies over there... they want to restrict or eliminate rafting of boats too!! What the phuk?
Old 04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FO, I got penalized 30 days of moderation last time myself .
And I really didn't think I did anything. I know a couple of the "locals" can get away with murder. I just wonder if they went crying to Don. I know of one , lets just call him APS could use a smack upside the head for some of the his comments . But I won't belittle myself to complain to Donny.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mopower
FO, I got penalized 30 days of moderation last time myself .
And I really didn't think I did anything. I know a couple of the "locals" can get away with murder. I just wonder if they went crying to Don. I know of one , lets just call him APS could use a smack upside the head for some of the his comments . But I won't belittle myself to complain to Donny.

Now I bet I can "figger" out who you be talkin' bout....

When I posted there tonight, it didn't get put up so I guess I'm still in the penalty box.

No need to complain to Don, he lurks in here. As do APS, BL, and a few other of the weenies. BL is the one who came in a stole my posts out of here. Then Don states that since this is a public forum that it was perfectly accecptable for that to happen. Okay, I'll buy that. But to penalize me for what I said in THIS forum, and when I was more polite, courteous, and respectful to THEIR members in THEIR forum than they were to me, yet I got in trouble, just told me what a one sided hypocritical cencorship freak Don was.

That's what I respect most about our "Marine Mafia". We can have differences of opinion, speak about controversial subjects, yet as long as we respect one another we can let our opinons and perspectives be known. Not over in Weenieland.

And I can flat guarantee you that the "secret handshake weenies" will be reporting this very post to Don by tomorrow morning. I'll probably get banned for it. So when I'm banished from that site I hope others will take up the cause.

FYI: Just go into the "Boating" Forum over there and you can pick out which threads would concern us. Yeah, they want to ban rafting. Next it will be internal combustion engines. Then electricity.

What just beefs me is their attitude that they know everything, they know what everybody should or should not do, that only their way is the only way. Makes me sick. And you're right, some of them just need one good swift kick right upside their azz. And in their self rightiousness they are truely the ones who cannot see the forest for the trees.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can i go play

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.