Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99904-memorial-day-2005-st-johns-river-fl.html)

Dean Ferry 04-17-2005 06:29 AM

Re: Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Alright, the more the merrier! :D

Dean

Formula Outlaw 04-17-2005 09:15 AM

FormulaOutlaw here making noises......I REALLY want to visit the Glen. Did so with my parents back when I was about 10 years old in my Dad's 17 ft. Glaspar cuddy cabin. With a might 75 Evinrude on the back. Topped out at a mind boggling 38 mph.

I think I'm gonna come up. Cuda offered me the suite with the view. That probably means a sleeping bag on his dock....:D :D

I'm due for a road trip anyway. Right now I'm seriously planning on making the trip. Can't think of a better way to spend Memorial Day. Down here Memorial Day is THE WORST boating weekend of the year. Every rubberheaded idiot is out. It is absolute bow to transom boats on the Intracoastal. And getting under the old "Swingbridge" on Blackburn Point Rd. is a odds against gamble at best.

cuda 04-17-2005 09:48 AM

I hear you Russ. Memorial day is the worse day to go out. Everyone that hasn't even fired up their boat since Labor Day is at the boat ramp with dead batteries. Ft Desoto is a mess on that day.

Slick02 04-17-2005 09:58 AM

The river and the Glen won't be much if any better..Think I'll go the weekend before and the weekend after..
not big on amateur weekend...Don't like crowds or people that damn much...

offthefront 04-17-2005 10:17 AM

we might be up for a trip ....still no tailer though .... might see about renting one or....bite the bullet ...just sent 4K to my uncle sam though ...(Basard) ... we are about 80 miles to the Glenn ...too far to motor down with fuel prices .... we are about 10 miles south of I-295 bridge in Jax . we could even do something up here one weekend ...we're on the water with pool and plenty of room to chill ....

Dean Ferry 04-17-2005 10:32 AM

I hope the Nordic will fit in Hontoon's ramp. :D I don't use public boat ramps much these days, and I have a short fuse for that idiot stuff anyway. :evilb:
Mean Dean

Dean Ferry 04-17-2005 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by offthefront
we might be up for a trip ....still no tailer though .... might see about renting one or....bite the bullet ...just sent 4K to my uncle sam though ...(Basard) ... we are about 80 miles to the Glenn ...too far to motor down with fuel prices .... we are about 10 miles south of I-295 bridge in Jax . we could even do something up here one weekend ...we're on the water with pool and plenty of room to chill ....

OTF,
we are thinking about cruising up the river, past Lake George, to Palatka, (sp?) or ~ some where upthere. Do you live directly on the SJR?
Thanks,
Dean

offthefront 04-17-2005 02:15 PM

We're on Dr's Lake ... about 3-4 miles south of Buckman bridge in Jax (I-295) . Palatka is prob about 1 hour or so by boat ... We are REAl close to Whiteys Fish Camp .... An Icon in North Florida ...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...&zipcode=32068

Formula Outlaw 04-17-2005 06:09 PM

Party at Mikes,
Party at Mikes.....:drink: :drink:

offthefront 04-17-2005 07:09 PM

Come on ....we need to do it .. :evilb: