no speculation on why but bad wreck

Notices

no speculation on why but bad wreck

Old 04-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: no speculation on why but bad wreck

Originally Posted by hp500efi
Can't dealerships see guys like this a mile away? or are they just worried about making a buck on the sale. Either way, this guy is an idiot to say the least and unfortunately everyone gets a black eye because of it. He's just lucky no one got hurt.
I doubt they really think about who is buyin it, as long as they get there $180,000 or whatever that boat goes for i guess. But you are right just another black eye!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 01:04 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't dealerships see guys like this a mile away? or are they just worried about making a buck on the sale. Either way, this guy is an idiot to say the least and unfortunately everyone gets a black eye because of it. He's just lucky no one got hurt.

If the dealers are responsible where will it end?

Cars
snowmobiles
motorcycles???

He sounds like a particularly large idiot, though.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

I agree with buyafountain cant blame the dealer......
Old 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No can't blame the dealer or manufacture HOWEVER nobody including the parties involved in this accident want bad publicity and unfortunately this is bad publicity. What's next, oh I am sure there will be attorneys involved and they will find fault with something that was NOT related to driver error.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

A little duct tape, some ties and gorilla spit an' just the smallest amount of buffing and ur' good to go.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Registered

What an unfortunate accident. I use to boat on the chain after moving to that area not knowing any better. 5' to 6' deep if you are lucky. I only lasted one season. To many idiots with twin 525's running in the 80's on a lake way to small for that power. I still can't understand why people run 35' boats when Lake Michigan is right there. These are offshore boats not pond boats. I asked a few people with 35'+ plus boats why they were not on lake michigan, answer: No night life and the water is too cold???
Maybe some on this board can answer why huge offshore boats are so common on the Chain when you have may a 1/2 mile to a mile of running time and then 15 - 20 min of no wake zone to the next lake.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

I am a Chain boater. I have a 36 footer. I live 15 minutes from the Chain. There are plenty of places where I can top out around 85 mph. Yes it is shallow and you better know where you are going. It offers me something that only LOTO can match: Lots of places to meet up with other boaters, raft together and a few cool bars to hang out at.

As you may or may not know, Lk Michigan has limited access on the western shores. It also can be a nasty place to run hard. It has very limited places to raft up in protected waters. I go there 2-3 times a year because you need to pick your days.

If there is anybody who would like to experience a day on the Chain, let me know. It really isn't as bad as most people say it is. I have been boating there for 16 yrs and love it.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by derekdeben
?
Maybe some on this board can answer why huge offshore boats are so common on the Chain when you have may a 1/2 mile to a mile of running time and then 15 - 20 min of no wake zone to the next lake.
I run my Cig Bullet on the chain and yes it is large for that body of water but I keep it on a lift at the house and use it alot.
Why would I have a 31 foot boat on the chain because I also boat in the keys lake michigan and theh atlantic I have had this boat on a 1400 mile vacation on the great lakes going through the Soo locks into lake superior.
This boat hase been in Carlston Harbor
St Johns river to lake george
Lake of the ozakes
most of great lakesas well as two solo lake michigan crossings

I agree alot of people with offshore dont ever leave the chain but some of put serious mile on the bigger lakes also

I traikler it to slot of place so just because you see a boat on the chain dont assume it doese not go any where else.

I also wiould offer to take any one for a cruise of the lakes on a weekday and you can see how nice the chain can be.

Also when any one wants to race I say ok Green Bay to Makinaw Solo I feel thats what offshores are about Havent had any takers yet I have already done that trip and love it but I still do enjoy boating on the Chain
Island solo
Old 04-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Registered

I also run my bullet on the chain and trailer it to lk michigan. The chain is not that bad and besides that there are idiots everywhere. mark
Old 04-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered

No can't blame the dealer or manufacture HOWEVER nobody including the parties involved in this accident want bad publicity and unfortunately this is bad publicity. What's next, oh I am sure there will be attorneys involved and they will find fault with something that was NOT related to driver error.
this guy is screwed , pictures and comments over the internet . spraying pontoon boats way to close to a sled admitting to speeding etc. just makes me want to be even more careful and keep on covering my ass when i'm using mine

Quick Reply: no speculation on why but bad wreck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.