Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   no speculation on why but bad wreck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99947-no-speculation-why-but-bad-wreck.html)

Indy 04-07-2005 12:15 PM

Re: no speculation on why but bad wreck

Originally Posted by DaveSunsation
The owner, who was in his second Sunsation has no ill-will towards Sunsation and asked Wayne to build him another boat.

He should stick to riding lawnmowers in a fenced in yard. Irresponsible and immature people like this give our sport a bad image.

Chart 04-07-2005 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
However lets call a spade a spade. This guy has NO business owning a boat. He has shown that he has ZERO responisbility. Any person with common sence would not be going that fast in the area were he was. Add to that the hot dogging around spraying other people. Why didn't he learn his lesson when he had his accident the other year? He has not learned a damn thing if you ask me.... He is bad for the sport and I hope that NO ONE will insure him. He has hurt not only himself but all of us by his childish behavior. Accidents happen yes, but this guy is a accident waiting to happen and IMO he still is.

Jon

You go, Jon.

Rippem 04-07-2005 12:36 PM

Kudos to Jon for saying what we are all thinking...

quite frankly it shows the guy to be even more of a bonehead to be concerned about his next boat at this point...this says alot. :rolleyes:

I think most of us with brain in our head would step away for a bit...

I think this is the oppurtunity for the manufacturer(s) to step up into the light that's been spoken of before on this board...

next time will

NOT BE IN ONE OF OUR BOATS...THANK YOU

hows it gonna feel if your the one who builds him a boat and he kills somebody next time?

Again, super classy of you to involve yourselves to this extent and speak here

now finish the job and do your part to keep this bozo off the water. One boat sale can't be that critical.

EDIT: maybe the lawsuit$ will clip his wings...and don't be utopian, if his insurance company or one of the occupants lawyers wants Susation named ...you will be! You know that.

apparently bad boating behavior is pathalogical on this idiots part...

Cord 04-07-2005 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Woody, we are glad you are not boating on the chain with your obvious hatred of the boaters there. It is a large body of water that is shallow in places. My 35' does just fine.

The lower river where that crash happened is a 30mph 90 degree corner. He told the tow company he tried taking it at 70 mph. He rolled it and it hydrauliced the deck off.

Is that the corner just before one of the locks? If so, then it caught me off guard too. I remember some guy on shore jumping up and down because he was livid about my wake. Next thing I knew I had to make a very hard left.

Rippem 04-07-2005 12:51 PM

so now we're gonna consider this guy didn't know that 90* was there? :rolleyes:

Right. :rolleyes:

Cord 04-07-2005 12:57 PM

I don't think I was saying that. The time I took that corner, it was the first time I had been on the chain. Frankly, I still don't know it. I do know that if I had been in my cat instead of the V-bottom, I proably would not have made the corner. I would have slid right through it. It came up on me very fast. To clairify, we had boated down to the damn and were comming back. I think the corner was a lefty follow by a right with the lock right there.

Rippem 04-07-2005 01:00 PM

didn't mean to jump on you man. I just think this idiot should be banned. As costs for all of us go up, up, up...I have little tolerance for this sh!t. :mad:

fund razor 04-07-2005 01:01 PM

So Cord.... if you don't see a 90 coming, doesn't it still look like you are gonna hit the shore? Seems like it would. It's not like hitting a shoal. At least there is still water in FRONT of you.

I would think that you can start "smelling" a sharp turn when you start seeing land in front of the bow.

fund razor 04-07-2005 01:02 PM

I'm not jumping on Cord either. Just a question to someone who's run that river.

woody1 04-07-2005 01:16 PM

I have run it dozens of times, you can see clear as day your gonna be in serious trouble, hell I been stuck out there coming back from the lock at 9pm, pitch black.