Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   no speculation on why but bad wreck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99947-no-speculation-why-but-bad-wreck.html)

fund razor 04-05-2005 12:38 PM

Re: no speculation on why but bad wreck

Originally Posted by klaw
note side off boat he may have hit something

That does look like an object rash rather than a water rash....
But who knows...

Note twin steps.
Not speculating. Just noting.

Glad nobody got killed.

Imagine what a cheap boat would have looked like after that. :eek:

tomtbone1993 04-05-2005 12:57 PM

what a dumbass :rolleyes: :( very lucky no one got hurt that bad

Roger 1 04-05-2005 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by klaw
does sunsation glass the deck to the hull from boat on trailer it does not look like it

Yes, they do, but I see what you mean. I think that the boat held together pretty well considering the beating it took. Sunsations are very well built.

Rippem 04-05-2005 01:11 PM

spot on the side could just be some delam from the twisting forces just prior to the roll.

Though I'm sure we are all aware of the debris common to spring water almost anywhere.

Lets just let this one sort itself out.

Waterfoul 04-05-2005 01:12 PM

Man, if I was MitcherT, I'd be mad that they did that to my paintjob!!

Roger 1 04-05-2005 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Rippem]spot on the side could just be some delam from the twisting forces just prior to the roll

That`s what I was thinking.

Jamie B. 04-05-2005 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by woody1
LOL the whole chain up here is 5-6 ft if your lucky, grass lake is 2 feet. The chain is a nightmare altogether in the summer, im back to the illinois or kankakee river this year.
:rolleyes:

The 'whole' Chain O' Lakes is not 5-6 feet deep. Some of the lakes are 20 feet or more deep.

Chris288 04-05-2005 01:27 PM

I own an 05 288 and wasn't aware Sunsation glasses the deck to the hull,, I thought it was screwed and glued (plexus'd) ??? :confused:

DaveSunsation 04-05-2005 01:41 PM

As you can imagine we've gotten a lot of calls today regarding this. A lot of the news out on the internet is speculation at this point, it's very sad this incident happened but to make sure nothing mechanically or structural happened Wayne and Dave left this afternoon to drive over and check on the owners and boat. No one is happy around here as this is the first incident of this kind to happen to any Sunsation and until we know all the facts, let’s keep the guys who got injured first and foremost in our thoughts. Once we can determine what happened, we’ll make a post on all the boards that have info regarding this.

Pantera1 04-05-2005 02:10 PM

That will buff out :eek: