Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   no speculation on why but bad wreck (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/99947-no-speculation-why-but-bad-wreck.html)

ratman 04-05-2005 02:30 PM

Re: no speculation on why but bad wreck

can you buy marine tex in 55 gallon drums?

ratman 04-05-2005 02:31 PM

oh forgot, whats the best compound for deeeep stress cracks?

Pantera1 04-05-2005 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Chris288
I own an 05 288 and wasn't aware Sunsation glasses the deck to the hull,, I thought it was screwed and glued (plexus'd) ??? :confused:

Why the sad face ? Glassed seam is what you want ,(stronger) ...

Rippem 04-05-2005 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by DaveSunsation
As you can imagine we've gotten a lot of calls today regarding this. A lot of the news out on the internet is speculation at this point, it's very sad this incident happened but to make sure nothing mechanically or structural happened Wayne and Dave left this afternoon to drive over and check on the owners and boat. No one is happy around here as this is the first incident of this kind to happen to any Sunsation and until we know all the facts, let’s keep the guys who got injured first and foremost in our thoughts. Once we can determine what happened, we’ll make a post on all the boards that have info regarding this.

Now that's a stand-up manufacturer, with concern for the sport and it's participants. :cool:

Chris288 04-05-2005 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Why the sad face ? Glassed seam is what you want ,(stronger) ...

Not a sad face,, Confused,,, of course you want a glassed seam,, I wasn't aware they were,, thought they were screwed and plexus ??

:confused: confused
:( sad

:D

woody1 04-05-2005 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
The 'whole' Chain O' Lakes is not 5-6 feet deep. Some of the lakes are 20 feet or more deep.

It was a generalization, let me rephrase that, the chain is an absolute diaster. The idiots pollute that place like no other I have been to. Im sure there are other places just as bad, but the chain ranks right up there.

GLH 04-05-2005 02:58 PM

Hope all get better.

Looks like 496's of some kind per the pictures.

Looks new...if it is .. then another low hour rig trashed... there goes our insurance...again...

Sean H 04-05-2005 02:59 PM

i bet sometime during all that somebody said..."hey watch this...." :rolleyes:

OldSchool 04-05-2005 03:14 PM

What an unfortunate thing to happen. Hopefully all of the occupants of the boat will be OK......and the driver doesn't get another boat! :(

cuda 04-05-2005 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=Roger 1]

Originally Posted by Rippem
spot on the side could just be some delam from the twisting forces just prior to the roll

That`s what I was thinking.

I agree too.