EFI Datalink Connectors--Need to Buy >

EFI Datalink Connectors--Need to Buy

Notices

EFI Datalink Connectors--Need to Buy

Old 04-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Datalink Connectors--Need to Buy

I'm installing the B&G Engine NetSys Fuel Management display and it needs to connec to the two Datalink connectors on the engine wiring harness. The Chevy parts guy can't find GM part numbers--even though they are standard for all GM efi systems.

Tehy are made by Delphi/Packard--anybody have a hand source?
Old 04-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: EFI Datalink Connectors--Need to Buy

Poorsche,
The short answer would be I get them from Electrical Terminal Service in Royal Oak, MI.

http://www.electerm.com

The Data Link Connector is a 10 pin Delphi (Packard) "Metri-Pack" 150 series connector. The DLC is the female connector and a scan tool would have the male connector to plug in to it. Or, In this case the engine link harness would have the two male connectors to plug into the DLC of both engines, and one female connector to plug the B&G into (I am assuming you have a 1996 or later engine with 7 wires going to DLC).

You can order the 10 pin male and female connectors and TPA's (TPA - Terminal Position Assurance - the gray piece that clips to the top of the black connector body) from Electrical Terminal Service in small quantities. The bummer is you have to order the wire terminals in packs of 100. You will need both male and female terminals. At about $.37 each, it adds up quick. Then you need the seals and plugs, also sold in bags of 100. Plus, to really crimp the terminals right you have to have the proper crimp tool. I found one that works well at a local electronics store for $40.00.

Parts list for link harness:
Packard # - Decscription - Qty needed
12045808 - Male 10 pin connector body - (2)
12065425 - Female 10 pin connector body - (1)
12124264 - Terminal Position Assurance - (3)
12045773 - Male 150 series terminals - (8)
12048074 - Female 150 series terminals - (5)
12052924 - Seals - (13)
12059168 - Plugs - (17)

Downloadable Metri-Pack Catalogs:
http://www.powerandsignal.com/IDC/Pr...MetriPack.aspx

If all else fails, I could make one for you. Just let me know.
Dave

A harness I made for connecting scan tool to two engines at once (same as B&G connection harness)
Attached Thumbnails EFI Datalink Connectors--Need to Buy-master-data-link.jpg   EFI Datalink Connectors--Need to Buy-slave-data-link.jpg  
Old 04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Registered

Dave-

I found the pigtails for the small data-link connectors thru Jerry's Marine in FTL. The ones your showing are the 10 pins--and I can't get them anywhere--not MarinePower or Jerry's.

If you'd be willing to make up I'll email you what I need off forum and be more than glad to pay any costs involved.

I'm at a point that everytime I try try to crimp stuuf I crunch instead of crimp and it doesn't work.

Thanks for the feedback-
Old 04-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Registered

Send me an email with what you need/want. I'll need to know how long you will need it to be from male to male (engine to engine - yellow wire in photo) and how long from female to male on the master side of the harness where the B&G will connect (blue wires in photo). Also, if you have any wire color preferances, let me know what colors you want.

Dave
Old 04-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Registered

Will scan in stuff when I get home and send to your profile email

Thanks for your help
Old 04-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Registered

Dave--

Email wouldn't work so I'm posting two diagrams here in pdf format. On the MarinePower Drawing I need two (2) of the mates for the DataLink Connector with a pigtail on it for Pin G--Orange/Black.

Also need two (2) of the Master/Slave connector mates with pigtail for each pin--yellow and orange/black.

I really appreciate your help--let me know cost and I'll be gald to pay costs via check or paypal--or Dinner somewhere.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Marine Power Engine Wiring 2.pdf (182.3 KB, 383 views)
File Type: pdf
BGEngineData1.pdf (103.6 KB, 296 views)
Old 04-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

Go to www.powerandsignal.com. They are the main distributor for Delphi connectors. You can order free samples there of pretty much any plug and assemblies. I have done some custom projects with late model stuff, and have had success getting even obscure connectors, such as OBD-II diagnostic ports and mainline engine bus connectors, and you can't beat free parts and free shipping....
Old 04-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Registered

tcelano thanks for the info--I downloaded tha cataloge just as reference material. Turns out that B&G is going to discontinue this product--right after I purchase it of course.

I've thought that there is a pretty good market for a Smartcraft atlerntive especially for older EFI engines or non-Merc/noon-Smartcraft enabled EFI engines and it looked like the B&G was an answer. Teleflex was also working on an alternative but somehow the project has gotten lost.

I'm going to revisit project and see if we can get manufacturing rights or re-engineer this product if B&G really cans NetEngine.

For now if Dave has time to invest in the plugs it would be great--I might work on the "demo" parts later on. One concern is that the lit says if you screw up wiring it cat "eat" the MEFI controller and/or the display. Since I'm not a real engineer (Ijust stayed at a Holiday Inn Express) I need all the help I can get.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Registered

Poorsche,
I sent you an email. I understand your concern about incorrect wireing. I have made several of these harness' and have not lost an ECM yet. In fact the harness will make it more difficult to mess up (just plug it in and connect the B&G and your done).

Dave
Old 04-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered

Dave-

Sent you 2 messages to your email. One has several attachments and other has cellphone.

Thanks

Bill