Need some help >

Need some help

Notices

Need some help

Old 05-22-2005, 04:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

I put an alternator on my port motor a couple weeks ago. my dumbass forgot to turn the battery switch off, and the hot wire touch the alternator when i took it off....caused a bit of a firework show down there. i never tried to start the motor because i have been working on a few different things since then. Tried to start it on the hose today and i had no power at the key. the stbd. motor has power and can run. I put a test light on everything a figured out i don't have any juice at the main circut breaker on the motor.

is there a fuse somwhere inline that goes from the starter up to the that box on top of the motor where the main circut breaker is ?????
Old 05-22-2005, 05:40 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Default Re: Need some help

There is a main circuit breaker on the starter motor battery terminal. It doesn't look like a breaker, it looks like a hunk of plastic on the top stud of the starter. I think it is 90 amp. Also, there should be a 50 amp resettable breaker somewhere on the top of the engine. If I recall, it should be towards the back of the intake.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Registered

Default Re: Need some help

Thanks for the info.

Was looking for that 90amp fust yesterday. Problem is there is no good way to get to the starter in this boat. I can barely get my hand into that area without tools.

Is there anything else i can check that would cut off power to the motor? I checked the main circut breaker on top on the motor with a test light, and have no power to the hot side of the breaker. Boat is 96 35 Soinc. Could there be a main breaker or other fuse i may be missing.
Attached Thumbnails Need some help-sonic35s-008.jpg