Upper Cylinder and Injector Lube

Notices

Upper Cylinder and Injector Lube

Old 05-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Upper Cylinder and Injector Lube

This stuff is worth a look see. It Offers much needed fuel injector lubrication, additional gasoline detergency and it lubes the upper cylinders where temperatures can get way hot.

I know a few racers who add 4-6 oz of Amsoil 2 cycle lube to gasoline to lube the upper cylinders and not leave any carbon behind. It does help extend upper engine wear I hear.

Others use the Lucas product. I am experimenting with adding a very small amount of Amsoil 2 cycle synthetic oil in some small engines and it works well...quiets the tappet noise and the engine does seem to run better.

Lucas has data to show a significant decrease in the amount of upper cylinder wear that occurs when using their product.

"Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant & Injector Cleaner is formulated for gasoline, diesel and LPG engines. It contains no harmful solvents or alcohol. It gives your fuel system what it really needs - a blend of super slick oils and additives with a high detergent action that allows the engine to operate at maximum efficiency. Also, it cleans and lubricates the carburetor and injectors and causes the fuel to burn more thoroughly for increased power, less fuel consumption, and fewer emissions.

Lucas Fuel Treatment should definitely be used in vehicles that require leaded fuel because it actually replaces the benefits of lead in gasoline without causing harmful emissions. Use it to pass smog tests. Finally, it totally neutralizes the harmful effects of low sulfur diesel fuel".

http://www.autobarn.net/luc10003.html

Don't leave shore without it!
Attached Thumbnails Upper Cylinder and Injector Lube-rodi_1847_10279295.jpg  

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 05-29-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Upper Cylinder and Injector Lube

Hydro, while you're reaserching oil, what the heck is in Marvel Mystery Oil? Whatever it is, it works better than anything I've found for freeing a seized engine. Oh, and it smells good too!
Old 05-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Upper Cylinder and Injector Lube

Originally Posted by cuda
Hydro, while you're researching oil, what the heck is in Marvel Mystery Oil? Whatever it is, it works better than anything I've found for freeing a seized engine. Oh, and it smells good too!
Well Cuda..here's the deal... "MMO goes through the carburetor as a droplet, broken up like the fuel. When it enters the combustion chamber and the gasoline ignites, it is vaporized and soaks into the carbon buildup on combustion chamber walls, valve guides, around the valve stem, and on the spark plug. It soaks into the carbon and eventually loosens it up and it goes out the exhaust system".

It lubes the upper cylinders and in the process gets the carbon out. Overall a good product and it will much like a WD-40 free up seized parts.

Cuda...what smells better to you? MMO or WD-40??

They both have aromatic hydrocarbon solvents in them. With any of these products good hand-washing when done handling as they can absorb through skin and aromatics are implicated in causing cancer...rubber gloves are best when handling spent oil and these types of products....

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 05-29-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Upper Cylinder and Injector Lube

I fill cylinders with it on seized engines, and the next day, I can usually get them to turn over. It smells much better than WD40.