Fast fuel injection >

Fast fuel injection

Notices

Fast fuel injection

Old 06-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fast fuel injection

In looking at your fuel table I am concerned it is too lean. I know the table I got from NordicFlame flame is way richer. I have included JS's table here. Anyone else with input on this.
Attached Thumbnails Fast fuel injection-johnfueltable.jpg  

Last edited by Turbojack; 06-01-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Registered

Here is my A/F table. This is what I had gotten from Dave a few years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Fast fuel injection-jackfueltable.jpg  
Old 06-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks to be very, very lean across the board
It's OK to have a somewhat lean cruise with a lot of timing as in my map but you can't carry that into boost by any means.
The second map has run flawless for several years at ~7-8lbs and never left a black transom
Also, you "must" use a very large gauge (10ga) wire going to the fuel pump.
Better richen her up or it's going to be a long summer
Call if you need,
Dave
Old 06-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nordicflame
The second map has run flawless for several years at ~7-8lbs and never left a black transom ave
I did make a change from what you have/had. In the upper Kpa it was at 11:1 (around 10-11 lbs of boost) & I was getting a black transom. I leaned down to 11.5 & changed my VE table & black transom went away.

There is thread on OSO going now about dyno run with procharger & fuel injection & they have at 11.5 in upper range

Dyno results at Crockett Marine
Old 06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Registered

TJ, I was never brave enough to run it up to 10-11 lbs

Also if I remember right, Dustin said that the FAST stuff runs actually .5 richer than it shows on their high dollar test equipment.

I'll look and see what I have in the new owners program. I'm still pretty intimate with the motor.

The only thing I have whining now is me...too slow!!!!(for now ;o)
Old 06-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

Sutphen,
Always try to get within 3% and also the "rate of change" can be slowed way down to avoid any abrupt changes once your there. Also, the correction limits if set properly will not allow this to happen. Mine are set to a 5% percent limit (in the lean direction) which will still allow it to adjust for any variances that boats seem to experience.

It's in the hands of the programmer

Dave
Old 06-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Fellas you all were basically correct the motor was too lean and stumbling. I spoke a long time with Gary from the board Tuesday night, there is a real trick to the Accelerator enrichment tables and that was problem #1, he straightened those out while we were on the phone. I took it out for a test last night, before I did that Ichanged the fuel filter and also found I had a fuse inline to the fuel pump that was getting hot. I temporarily took it out of the system and I am going to rewire with new #10. i think it was not making a good connectionin that rubber fuse holder. I could tell that right off idle it was immediately better but still not right, keep in mind with the AE Map AE parameter @120 it is not long before the the boost pushes up past where no more AE fuel is added. So I added fuel trim and richened the table across the board 3%, for the first time since the dyno it actaully came up on plane on its own. That felt great to be headed in the right direction. So I stopped and added more fuel in about the same amount and sure enough even better, it would now pull to about 4000 with my 1.26 gear and 32 pitch loading hard on it. Slight amount of trim and the thing really started pulling sweet. Now I still have a wall at 4000 , so I have to add fuel trim above that to finish it out. It still has a small stumble at right off idle. I pretty much ceased popping and cracking, plugs were a dark tan at this point, but these things were loaded up from all the wackiness before, so bought new plugs last nite. WBO is still not working after cleaning with Brake Clean, it was pretty sooty. I am almost sure it is not getting wet, my exhaust is dry for 24 inches behind the WBO and dumps at the transom.
I can only figure that the motor on the dyno was moving thru the RPM band so quickly that it did not have time to go lean, because I am back to where I was in the VE table above 4000 before I went to the dyno and it was puking black smoke. Instead of 600 RPM/sec in the boat it's more like 200RPM per sec or something like that.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Registered

1st. I would get a good working O2 sensor before you go any further and melt down the new motor since I am almost sure you are way lean on the big end. I say that before I look at your AE table. Comparing that to mine you look about right on the big end. (same injectors, same fuel pressure, basic same motor)

On O2 sensor you might need to order a new one. There are a number of ones you can not get without going thru FAST. I am not brave enought to spend the money ($$) on getting one from supply house & then finding out I need to get the one from fast. I know dave had tried another one & it did not work.

Below is where JS was last week & where I was last week on VE tables. Mine is first.
Attached Thumbnails Fast fuel injection-jackvetable.jpg   Fast fuel injection-johnvetable.jpg  
Old 06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Registered

TJ I will send you my new file with the Accelerator enrichment tables modified by Gary. Basically all the accelerator enrichment lines have to be in a slight uptrend except the TPS postion table, that one was significantly different from you table TJ, you might want to look at that.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Registered

With some help from some great input from this site, i am hoping that most of the issues are solved. Plan on tuning with a WBO this weekend, weather permitting. Motor is running a tad on the rich side with the files that I have but, running with WBO will quickly correct that. The fuel pump is rock steady when leaning hard on the fuel, so I think that is a nonissue at this point. I would have never believed three weeks ago that this motor needed so much more fuel than what it did on the dyno, what a learning experience. Will no better how to dyno future motors, realted to using them in a boat. Definitely the acceleration has to move slower thru the RPM band on the dyno to emulate real world scenario. Will update thread after hopefully having a successful trip to the water Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for all the feedback and input.
John