Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Best twin turbo motor manufacturer? >

Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?

Notices

Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?

Old 05-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?

Any members have any comments on high hp twin turbo marine engines, and how reliable are they compared to comparable hp blower motor. thanks
Old 05-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?

Boost Power on Cali come to mind. I have no idea how they rate with some of the others.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Any members have any comments on high hp twin turbo marine engines, and how reliable are they compared to comparable hp blower motor. thanks
I would say MORE reliable, alot quieter, and can make tremendous power when sized and set up correctly.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:29 AM
jamess4

Look up Keith Eickert. Keith has done turbo motors for years and has a new twist on how to get it done. He had a turbo engine at the Miami boat show. Biggest problems is having room for the exhaust. The huge bennifit is that you make the same power as a blower but you take the Hp load required to spin the blower off the crank. Not many guys have been at it as long as Keith -

Old 06-01-2005, 08:07 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pfaff, eickert, mesa and i have heard of some 2000HP ones that are being built somewhere down by joplin....
Old 02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered

Smile Boostpower Marine Twin Turbo Motors

HERE IS A PIC OF MISC TWIN TURBO MOTORS-WE CAN BUILD TO SPEC AS WELL.
Originally Posted by Payton
Boost Power on Cali come to mind. I have no idea how they rate with some of the others.
Attached Thumbnails Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?-attc2.jpg   Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?-att2.jpg  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Registered

Exclamation Boostpower Marine

Boostpower Has Been Reputable Since The Early 90's WITH TURBO MOTORS

Last edited by boostpower; 02-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Chief..
Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default turbos'= awesome= expensive

Originally Posted by Buddy OO

No comparison....

The only thing more awesome than a good turbo engine is a turbine itself.

The only drawback is the price- and heat under the hatch.

Blower engines cant compare except right at the very bottom of the low end and we're (the oso crowd in general) usually easy on this are as the drives go quickly with massive torque at low rpm anyway.

Turbos in boats and auto are hard to compare because a boat is always under a load when running whereas a car is barely loaded at all at freeway speed so the "lag" in a boat really isnt a issue unless your trying to make 2000 ponies.

Much like blower technology- fuel injection and computer controlled timing have done wonders for turbos driveability and reliability as well as ceramic bearings and water cooled housings.

If you can afford it- do it. Youll never look back.

Pfaff, Nelson Engines (nelson can and does marinize), Boostpower, Cobra, Eickert, and (I think) Brummett or brummell can and build these beasts with regularity.

Positive displacement crank driven superchargers are very good- but turbos are a "notch up" on the performance rung, in capability AND price.

"Uncle Dave"
Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered

We have a 21' Schiada with a Boostpower Marine twin turbo motor. Alexi built it for my son in 2002 and has been really reliable for him. It seems that the newer ones Alexi build have go gadjets, dual efi map switches on the dash along with some hand crafted aluminum parts on them. Anyway-turbines are cool, but a turbo v-drive i quite fun!

Quick Reply: Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.