Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Milkshake oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Milkshake oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Milkshake oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Milkshake oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got an engine full of pudding Intake blew and filled the engine with water, mixed with all of the oil, what a phuking mess.

Saw previous threads talking about a product especially designed for flushing this crap out. You add some to the flush oil. Anyone know what this stuff is?
Old 06-06-2005, 06:59 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Milkshake oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diesel fuel.....
Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled my Dart intakes this weekend, after 6 years running 100% salt water. People told me the aluminum intakes would be the death of my motors. I was prepared to be buying new intakes or at a mininum having these welded around the water ports to have them repaired. I have to say that I am a true believer in Salt Away. The intakes had no corrosion around the water ports, the rear was pitted slightly but the front ports were very clean.
Why? I either got a very special aluminum or more likely the Salt Away I flush with after every run. I was skeptical about Salt Away but kept using it for all these years. I am now a true beliver in it.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
I've got an engine full of pudding Intake blew and filled the engine with water, mixed with all of the oil, what a phuking mess.

Saw previous threads talking about a product especially designed for flushing this crap out. You add some to the flush oil. Anyone know what this stuff is?
You can buy a produce at NAPA, I forget what it's called but it comes in red can that you have to open with a puch or old style can opener. You can also use diesel fuel, I think that's really all that is in the can anyway.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
You can buy a produce at NAPA, I forget what it's called but it comes in red can that you have to open with a puch or old style can opener. You can also use diesel fuel, I think that's really all that is in the can anyway.
I've heard the diesel fuel thing. Also heard the "additive stuff" has special driers and stuff in it.

If I use diesel, how much? Maybe a quart or so and the rest straight oil?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep replace one quart with diesel, if you hold more then 6 quarts or so you can use 2 quarts of diesel. Dont rev it too much and don't put it under a load, you will see the diffrence in oil pressure. You do want to let it run for a while though and play with the throttle a little bit If you don't get some heat in the oil it won't do much good. Some people will argue that it is ok to run the boat or rev it out with the diesel in there but I disagree. It will take a few rounds to get it all out of there. I like to use cheap oil and replace the filter everyother time. Once it looks real good, flush it one more time with the oil you ussually run and a new good filter, this gets all the cheap oil out of there. .