Procharger experts needed >

Procharger experts needed

Notices

Procharger experts needed

Old 06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Procharger experts needed

tssteph, for you to never get over 50psi I am going to say fuel pump or it could be just filters.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Registered

I was wondering if the regulator was not working correctly it would never hold back more fuel.
My past experience with cars is either an electric pumps works or doesn't.
I will swap regulators from one motor to the other and see if the problem follows. Since the pressure is eractic at an idle I can check oh the hose.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered

One way to is to clamp off the return line & then see what the max pressure that the pump will build
Old 06-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Smitty, they have several pumps available, I think you would want the 2025 it puts out about 950lbs per hour. You're only seeing 950hp but the blower is probably eating another 250. MuscleMotors.com had the best prices a while ago. Use the Weldon regulator, it's about $125 and it's all you will need. The smaller regulators can't bypass the fuel and the pressure jumps around. You can check out the flow charts at weldonracing.com.
Gpm,i looked at the weldon pump,it looks impressive. How well does their regulator boost reference? This time on dyno Crockett set up motor with 40 psi base pressure and we boost reference the presure up to about 70-75 psi,some regulators only raise pressure 1 psi for every 1lb boost but i need one that is adjustable for about 3.5psi-4psi per lb boost,Thanks for any info,Smitty
Old 06-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I got an aremotive eliminator fuel pump. Still red in color, same size just more volume than the AE1000. In second year with this & no problems yet.
How much pressure are you running for base pressure,how much under boost,how big of injectors and what kinda hp are you making,thanks,Smitty
Old 06-20-2005, 05:24 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Gpm,i looked at the weldon pump,it looks impressive. How well does their regulator boost reference? This time on dyno Crockett set up motor with 40 psi base pressure and we boost reference the presure up to about 70-75 psi,some regulators only raise pressure 1 psi for every 1lb boost but i need one that is adjustable for about 3.5psi-4psi per lb boost,Thanks for any info,Smitty
The regulator is 1 to 1, you should be running at least 43.5lbs at idle, that's where the injectors are rated. Why are you running 75lbs at top end, are your injectors to small?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Registered

GPM, I was wondering same question about why 70 psi, but if I remember correctly with the intake he is using there is a problem in putting in bigger injectors.

As to what I have, 96lbs injectors, aprox +/- 1000 hp (never dynoed) With the areomotive regulator when it is boost refrenced the presssure goes up & down with vacuum or pressure so I set at 43lbs with engine off. Once started pressure goes down below 43, as boost come on it goes up 1 for 1, so at 10 lbs of boost running 53 lbs of pressure. If you are going to run 70 lbs of pressure you are going to need one hell of a pump to give you enough fuel for 900+ HP. If you look at areomotives web site they say the eliminator pump is good for 1600 HP - Naturally Aspirated & 1100 HP - forced air induction all because the pump will not pump as much fuel at the higher pressures.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GPM
The regulator is 1 to 1, you should be running at least 43.5lbs at idle, that's where the injectors are rated. Why are you running 75lbs at top end, are your injectors to small?
Gpm,i'm running 63lb injectors ,they are largest ones that are high impedance and can be fired by mefi-3. I could have used bigger injectors if i spent another 2000$ plus dollars on a fast stand alone computer or similar. So I am still stuck with boost referencing the fuel regulator under boost which brings up the problem at hand,if i buy too big of a fuel pump my regulators i'm using won't return enough fuel and will cause my off boost fuel presure to go too high. On dyno we used a magnaflow carburated style fuel pump (500gph) to feed my essex pump and had 70-75psi under boost. The regulators that will handle big excess flow from big output pumps usually have a 1-1 boost reference which won't work with my EFI program. I will probably have to install a booster pump on a msd window switch to come in at 4000 rpms when i really start using the most fuel. Right now I'm researching what my options are while i wait for my tailpipes to show up for boat.Smitty
Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I guess you could run the 2025 from a relay and a boost switch, and if you ever upgrade the ECU you could add the regulator and be done. I tried several other brand pumps and regulators, none work as well as the Weldon. Why not turn the fuel pressure up and back the pulse width down.

Last edited by GPM; 06-20-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered

I clamped off my return line yesterday and ran it WOT for a short burst. The pump could not keep up with the pressure at WOT. Fuel pressure at an idle is real eratic also.

Looks like I need a new pump for the port motor. It also seems that Mercruiser has a newer version of the high pressure pump and cooler for the cool fuel system and you can't just replace the pump any more. I am having a hard time finding one in stock anywere.....

Quick Reply: Procharger experts needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.