changeing trim indicater on bravo 1 >

changeing trim indicater on bravo 1

Notices

changeing trim indicater on bravo 1

Old 06-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry changeing trim indicater on bravo 1

any tricks to changing the trim indicaters and wiring on a bravo 1 with the drive on?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: changeing trim indicater on bravo 1

Do a search. This topic has been covered several times. You will find I accomplished it without removing the gimble ring.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To remove the grommet/hold down: Steer drive hard right, trimmed fully down. You should be able to just get a 1/4" drive extension between the bellhousing and the gimbal ring. Attach a swivel 7/16" socket after the extension is through the gap. Now you can remove the screw and plate. Note, if the drive isn't quite down far enough, you may have to pull the rear trim pin to let the drive down a bit more.

When you pull the wires through, tie a wire or string to the end from in the boat to pull back the new wires.

Not too bad, but I think they could have left a little more room between the gimbal ring and bellhousing. It's a bit tricky reinstalling the hold down plate and screw for the grommet.

Good luck!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
To remove the grommet/hold down: Steer drive hard right, trimmed fully down. You should be able to just get a 1/4" drive extension between the bellhousing and the gimbal ring. Attach a swivel 7/16" socket after the extension is through the gap. Now you can remove the screw and plate. Note, if the drive isn't quite down far enough, you may have to pull the rear trim pin to let the drive down a bit more.

When you pull the wires through, tie a wire or string to the end from in the boat to pull back the new wires.

Not too bad, but I think they could have left a little more room between the gimbal ring and bellhousing. It's a bit tricky reinstalling the hold down plate and screw for the grommet.

Good luck!
Can you post a picture of what you are talking about. I know my indicator is a little off and I was thinking of replacing it too...