Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Great 600 thread, back to the top.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I too had 1 engine this past weekend that would not go past 4100-4200 rpms, I think I already have some of Whipple's 600SCI upgrades, I just need to talk with Dustin, and I also have to get the PCM Serial #'s and have Dustin check to see if they have been reprogrammed. I have the external IC dump, but no dedicated external pick-up. I will have to check my H2O pressures when out next time, but they have to be in the 30's, but at what RPM?
Thanks,
Dean
Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dustin will know the specifics on water pressure. Were you gettting a 2 beep alarm?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by relaxalot
Dustin will know the specifics on water pressure. Were you gettting a 2 beep alarm?
R,
No alarm that I could hear. Also, when I was flushing that motor later that day, after about 3-4 minutes running @ idle, I looked down, and all the gauges for the engine were JUMPING all over the place! I shut her down, waited 10 seconds, and fired her back up and everything was good, and I finished the flush w/o a problem? I'm thinking I might have a grounding issue with the gauges, but I will talk with Dustin about it also. I have already sent him an email
Thanks,
Dean
Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
R,
No alarm that I could hear. Also, when I was flushing that motor later that day, after about 3-4 minutes running @ idle, I looked down, and all the gauges for the engine were JUMPING all over the place! I shut her down, waited 10 seconds, and fired her back up and everything was good, and I finished the flush w/o a problem? I'm thinking I might have a grounding issue with the gauges, but I will talk with Dustin about it also. I have already sent him an email
Thanks,
Dean
I think this is repaired by using a resistor somewhere. Check with Dustin.. I seem to remember having the same problem
Old 07-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I think this is repaired by using a resistor somewhere. Check with Dustin.. I seem to remember having the same problem
R,
Thanks for more great 600sci inside info, I plan to trying to talk with Dustin this afternoon.
Thanks again,
Dean
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Talked with Dustin today, he's very helpful and knowledgable guy. He gave me a few ideas to look this weekend if it doesn't RAIN!
Thanks Dustin,
Dean
Old 09-08-2023, 06:15 PM
Registered

Default Help with 600sci

Are you running dual sea strainers one for the drive and 1 for the low water pickup?
I have a 600 sci with problems. They always seem to point to low water pressure or hi intake charge temperature. I have spoken with four other 600 owners with the same problem. Does anyone have any words of advice? I replumbed the 600 with a bottom pickup for the motor/sea pump and I have the vertical holes in the XR all blocked with the front nosecone holes feeding just the intercooler. I changed the exit of the intercooler to dump overboard instead of back into the headers. I was getting hot exhaust gases back towards the intercooler with the "stock setup" . The boat will run great for a brief time but most of the time will not run past 4600 rpm. I am running a teague strainer (small). I know that this problem exists for many merc 600 sci owners. Any solutions? I have tried changing sensors but they are the same. Scan tool says low water pressure. There are no blockages in the system. I am going to try taking the strainer off line to see if that is the answer.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:32 PM
Registered

Default 600 sci

Can anyone be of help ? I’ve had my Howard 28 SDS for 5-6 years.. It has a stage 2 whipple upgrade. Everything has been perfect and I’ve just had to have it serviced annually. Over the last couple of months I keep having a guardian alarm w a continuous beep. Normally it’s mid throttle around 80 mph.. The boat repair place said its a charge temperature overheat code. Can anyone that’s maybe had this issue help. Thank you.
Old 09-11-2023, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by JRRyan
Can anyone be of help ? I’ve had my Howard 28 SDS for 5-6 years.. It has a stage 2 whipple upgrade. Everything has been perfect and I’ve just had to have it serviced annually. Over the last couple of months I keep having a guardian alarm w a continuous beep. Normally it’s mid throttle around 80 mph.. The boat repair place said its a charge temperature overheat code. Can anyone that’s maybe had this issue help. Thank you.
To get the best help start a new thread, it seems people see old threads and sort of dismiss them.
I question your "boat place" if they tell you what code it has but can't diagnose or fix the issue.
Unless maybe you didn't want them to.

Quick Reply: Help With 600 Sci !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.