BBC heads and Esco exhaust >

BBC heads and Esco exhaust

Notices

BBC heads and Esco exhaust

Old 07-24-2005, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC heads and Esco exhaust

Sorry to bug you guys (land lubber) but I have two sets of 454 heads from a boat that hit land that has to be removed. The head casting #'s 14092360 with Esco exhaust manifolds and risers 10 degree down 4". Used value on the above? The lifters from the motor look flat like new, no pits, exhaust manifolds and heads look good also. What should I ask for everything? Thanks, Carl.....=o&o>.....
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: BBC heads and Esco exhaust

First off, welcome to the board! Second, the heads you say are off a 454 that hit land. Like hit land and stayed running and were overheated? Even still I can only see the heads being worth maybe $150 a set and thats if there in really nice shape and dont need a lot of work. If there all rotted up and the head gasket wont seal on them and the deck surface is thin, you might want to just junk them rather than try to stiff someone. The cams, if there roller you might be able to get $40-50 for each one. If they are hydralic flat tappet throw them in the trash. No one should reinstall a hydralic or solid flat tappet cam into another motor after broken in in another. The Osco exhaust you say you have, how old is it and what kind of shape is it in? If it is older and rusted up a little on the outside but the mating surfaces are good you might be able to get $150 to $175 a set, but they have to be in really good shape!. If you ask to much for this stuff it isnt worth peoples time and money, they can buy new and not have any hassles or problems and usually have someone stand behind them.

Good luck

John