GPS max speed ?? >

GPS max speed ??

Notices

GPS max speed ??

Old 08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS max speed ??

I have a hand held GPS. When I'm going WOT I see 67.3 on the speed. Never any higher. But the max speed says 73.3. It was reset before going out. And I looked at it before the drive home with the boat on the trailer. What is going on? What do I believe. I think the 67.3 but the other would be nice.

Russ
Old 08-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts
Default Re: GPS max speed ??

I have seen instances on my old Garmin dash mounted unit where the speeds jump up a bit when skipping across the tops of waves for some reason. I think its probably due to the GPS aquiring satalite signals and dropping others as you move. My old scarab never didi better then 70.3 on a steady GPS run but ive seen the speed jump to 73.8 before for a sec.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered

i have had mine spike before too , usually about 3 mph
Old 08-15-2005, 06:37 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Mine did that this weekend where i seen alittle over 80 and checked the garmin and it said 87.3 as max speed and i reset it before we put in.i think i'm using my garmin instead.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Mine did that this weekend where i seen alittle over 80 and checked the garmin and it said 87.3 as max speed and i reset it before we put in.i think i'm using my garmin instead.
LET ME BORROW IT!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:28 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mwdill
LET ME BORROW IT!
I trade you garmin for otis.you get one run and i get one run,unless its about otis then you get 2 runs with it.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
I trade you garmin for otis.you get one run and i get one run,unless its about otis then you get 2 runs with it.
YOU BETTER HAVE BATTERIES FOR THE GARMIN AND HER! :
Old 08-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Registered

I also have seen the same thing,, The best my 32' Skater will do is 102-103,,, you can imagine the grin on my face when I hit the recall and saw 111,,,,, not on its best day, running with the wind at the stern, in a lightning storm, and 104 octane racing fuel will this boat go 111.... I have told a few people not to believe their GPS when a absurd reading shows up,,, but the answer always is "I know GPS is always dead on, so I believe my 80 MPH boat really did run 95 this afternoon" I have seen more then (1) spike on GPS, my advice,, Know your boat, then interpret the GPS,, BTW, this is why "Kilo" records would only be recorded on a measured course, with timing equipt. never GPS verified.

Philip
Old 08-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

my outlaw will run a best of 71 gps. one day i went for a ride and hit 70.3 came back and my father wanted to go for a ride. he came back and i asked what his top end was and he told me he didnt check so i looked at it and it read 85.6. i was like "holy $hit"
Old 08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yesrej
my outlaw will run a best of 71 gps. one day i went for a ride and hit 70.3 came back and my father wanted to go for a ride. he came back and i asked what his top end was and he told me he didnt check so i looked at it and it read 85.6. i was like "holy $hit"
so dad showed you how it's done : :

Quick Reply: GPS max speed ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.