Notices

Gaffrig??

Old 08-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Gaffrig??

Your right Gaffrig and Livorsi were both outsourced to the same company, not made by Gaffrig. All over the name of selling Gaffrig Precision & Gaffrig Performance version gauges, they had conflicts and Livorsi moved on to Autometer. I in no way meant to imply that Mike Livorsi customer service is poor, its actually quite the opposite he is very helpful. Although I'm suprised he will still take care of the Gaffrig gauges when he's no part of that situation anymore, just shows how good his customer service really is...
Old 08-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRICK
1. ... They have the strongest customer service in the industry. No one at Livorsi from Mike on down would ever treat you with the disrespect suggested in the quoted post.

really? I talked to Mike at Windy City Poker Run and he said they will send me a new lead for the GPS that worked for 1 week. The wire was pulled too tight as well as left rev-limiter pilot light. They both pulled out. Very tiny wires.

So Monday I call the great Livorsi, get parts dept. and they want to charge me 14. for GPS lead and another 12. for pilot light. I said the GPS worked 1 week since new boat and I talked to Mike about it. Ok I'll pay for the damn pilot light as the wires didn't pull out for 2 months but I am not paying for the GPS lead...BulShi...

I get the parts next day (no complaint on delivery) and get the 12. charge + 10. shipping cost.

Customer service?? I respectfully disagree.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

my brand new 42 Fountain...

I didn't want to argue anymore with parts, I'm not going to get all worked up over $22.

And they wanted me to pay for the GPS lead too (14.) which I convinced him to send n/c.

What pisses me is I hear all these OSO stories of gauges and so forth, sending them in and getting charged 15-20. after 2-3years of running them.

I buy a new boat and have to argue with the Great Livorsi parts dept. over what? 20-30 bucks?

Stuff like this rubs me the wrong way. What's a guy to do.
Call Mikey?

Forget it, I've got more important things to do. Move on and remember. I'll send there big catalog back next time I get one. I'm sure Fred dealing with Trick would be different.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Registered

05-22-2005, 07:39 PM #1
Downtown42
snake eyes brown dogg
Platinum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All went well. Busted the cheap cooler that is enclosed in counter. You would think Fountain would put styrofoam block underneath. One lower head door latch screw fell out.

Boat RAN great. I assume the pilot lights that beep are the rev limiters? Not sure. They are located above monster gauges.

GPS isn't working well sticks off and on.

Still have lots to learn. I think I'll keep it for now.

Then in the mailbox was 4 packages of payment books. Bummer. I hate that part but makes me work harder.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered

DAVE,
As a Fountain dealer,I dont know where you bought you boat but as a dealer they should of been covered by Fountain why didnt you go back to your dealer ??? I just got done with a 01 lightning that had a bad gauge Fountain covered if ( of course ) after all these are not bayliners ( no offense)
Attached Thumbnails Gaffrig??-47light.jpg  
Old 08-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
Just about everything on your boat is covered with a one year warranty. The hull has a transferable 6 year warranty. Please submit a bill to me for reimbursement.
Scott Shogren
Shogren Performance Marine
www.chicagofountain.com
Old 08-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

That's a stand up dealer. Nice to see that.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:49 PM
Registered

Problem solved. Thank you.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i need a gps annt. lets see how great they are, mine quit on new boat (Livorski)

Last edited by customryder; 08-15-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
Mike....I think you should have been taken care of under warranty. In fact, as a distributor, I would have exchanged your defective parts for free.

Too little, too late, I know but I'll follow up on this Monday.
Fred?

Quick Reply: Gaffrig??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.