STOCK vs LABBED PROPS >

STOCK vs LABBED PROPS

Notices

STOCK vs LABBED PROPS

Old 08-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOCK vs LABBED PROPS

Is there any difference between same pitch labbed and stock props turning the same RPM? Is one more efficient, move more water, or is the only difference the labbed prop will spin higher rpms? Looking at a spare set of non labbed props and wonder if there is an advantage if they can both turn 5600. Will one have less slip?

Thanks
Shawn
Old 08-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: STOCK vs LABBED PROPS

It all depends on how the prop was labbed, but usually there is an rpm difference.

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but if you plan to run one labbed and one stock prop on a twin that's not recommended.

I always buy props stock and lab them to the desired result. This way you have a base line to work from. Labbing can change many things such as rpm, stern lift, bow lift, hole shot, top speed, cruise speed, and general handling. If you want more info post in the prop talk forum.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: STOCK vs LABBED PROPS

Shawn,

If you are asking of the diefference between stock props and lab finished props of the same pitch then they will not run the same RPM. You are correct in that the lab finished props will run a higher RPM. Lab Finishing allows you to turn a pitch of propeller that you otherwise could not spin at the appropriate RPM. You don't want to mix and match if that is what you are asking either. The propeller your are looking at will not run the same RPM as a lab finished set of the smae pitch. They will probably run 200-300 RPM lower.

Julie