Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
WOW .. Increase HP and Performance w/... >

WOW .. Increase HP and Performance w/...

Notices

WOW .. Increase HP and Performance w/...

Old 08-18-2005, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WOW .. Increase HP and Performance w/...

Originally Posted by dockrocker
I love it - works great with my 150 mpg carburetor! I was lucky to snag the carb from a guy selling them out of the back of Popular Science magazine - he said he had to use a P.O. Box and change the address all the time because the oil and auto companies kept trying to shut him down.

Now I get almost 200 mpg and my truck has 300 more horsepower.

Do you have a copy????
Old 08-18-2005, 09:14 AM

Look I think this may be snake oil toO. But the price is exspensive and makes you wonder..

Dupont came out with an PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) and every one wanted to claim that it was a great additive for your oil. Well the problem is PTFE is a solid basicly a solid. They would take this in a submicron particulate and add a liquid based additive the mixture giving you an additive for oil.

The theory was that the PTFE would coat the moving parts making it friction-less. Well it also coated the non-moving parts. Well the problem with that theory is that PTFE expands when it is exposed to heat and when this so called additive expands it becomes larger. When it became larger it would clog the oil filter and also the oil passages.

So when you saw your oil pressure go up this would be the reason why. You all have heard of the additive, its called SLICK-50!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:23 AM

The best additive out there right now that I know of is zinc dialkyldithiophosphate(sp?) Zinc in used in many high performance oils, like high climate oils, tubo oils and 4x4 oils. Any oil that is made for high performance. The zinc additve is basically the last line of defense your motor has when ever the metal to metal contact is taking place. Like when your over reving(sp?) and the your piston rings and cylinders are passing the safe operation of the oil.

Quick note:

What I meant by safe operation of the oil... Every oil has his thermal break down point. Oil comes from breaking down crude oil at a particulat temperature and done by heat steam and catalyst. This is when butance propane gas and all other fuel and fuel gases come from. Where I was going with this is when the viscosity is temporarily broken up, you release hydrocarbons and also change the safety factor of your oil.. Ever wonder why your oil was so black??

So back to the zinc, when your oil is beyond its limits this zinc additive jumps in to protect your pistons and sleeves from scaring... in short story
Old 08-18-2005, 09:24 AM

oh yea, too much zinc can lead to valve deposits and fouled plugs....
Old 08-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

let me get this straight this in combination with the speed wax will net me 20mph and i'll save 35% on my fuel bill. where can i get a few 55 gallon drums.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
let me get this straight this in combination with the speed wax will net me 20mph and i'll save 35% on my fuel bill. where can i get a few 55 gallon drums.

Only if you " wax on, wax off"
Old 08-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen30
actually,,smokey yunick tried to perfectly homogenize gas at an elevated temperature,,i have the whole patent(dad was a patent lawyer and gear head)worked well but detonation was always right around the corner,,anyway something like 240hp and close to 50mpg out of a 4cyl running on 3,,4th used as some type of air pump.

that so called carb did something w/ heating the gas to a steam and injecting it in,,carbs blew up alot.

i go w/ snake oil.

Smokey Yunic had alot of great ideas some of them ended up as things that we consider everyday equipment like variable ratio power steering, others never made it to completion but the guy had alot of brilliant ideas and I think some of them are worth takeing another look at.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Comical! Has a PH level of 1.5. This will do wonders to aluminum and steel. I wouldn't put that in my tank if you paid me! There are a bunch of these schemes out there.

Here's another one, enjoy!

http://www.emissionstech.com/
Old 08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My faith in my fellow man is always tested when I see "snake-oil" for sale.... sheesh........
Old 08-18-2005, 07:22 PM

well there are 6 people going to try this from a refinery that I call on. They are going to compare fuel mileage. One they have found their results I will post them to let you know if there is am advantage or not..

Quick Reply: WOW .. Increase HP and Performance w/...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.